Flax Muffin Recipe

• I know I have seen it here but can't seen to track it down. Can someone repost the recipe...I would love to try it as getting my breakfast in is difficult for me. Something I can mix and nuke at work would be great!!!!

Thanks
  • hey JW
    I make it All the time (ALL THE TIME!!) I usually make a triple recipe and cut it into 6 pieces or 6 muffin cups in my silicone muffin pan

1/4 cup flax
    1 egg
    1 tbsp Fat of your choice
    1 tsp baking powder
    Assorted Flavors of your choice
    for 1 sweet muffin 1 pkt splenda and flavor how you like

You can make them sweet or Savory glop it all together Dry first then wet then spray the vessel of your choice Coffee cups work well! and nuke for 1 min

I triple it
    3/4 cup flax
    1 tbsp Baking Powder
    2 tbsp Light Butter softened or melted
    3 eggs
    Spray an 8X8 Pyrex (or Pyrex Pie plate) or a 6 cup silicone muffin tin
    4 4.5 min for the pyrex 3 min for the muffin pan

Yummy Additions
    Vanilla Extract Makes the Sweet muffins So much better
    Splenda Cinamon Nutmeg and Ginger
    Cocoa Powder (I used 1/4 cup and an extra egg)

Savory
    Salt Pepper Parmesan Cheese Dried Minced onion Garlic Powder
    If you have time Sauteed Spinach and onions and garlic

It literally just occurred to me to try mashing a banana into a tripled recipe!
  • Thanks KO...Can't wait to try it this weekend (after grocery shopping of course)!!!!!
  • this might be a stupid question, but is the flax whole or ground?
  • It is flax seeds that have been ground. The only difference in my recipe from KO is that I only use 1/2 tsp of baking powder. I do use on occasion a TBSP of the Monin sf flavorings. For example, I sometimes add a bit of cocoa powder and a TBSP of Monin White Chocolate SF flavorings and a little extra splenda for my sweet treat.