Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/220/180

Height: 5'6

Default Starting the Process to WLS!!!

Hi Lovely Ladies!! You have all been such a great wealth of knowledge and support to me! I started a blog under megawatt823 herer at 3 fat chicks and I wanted to let you know all know that I am starting the process for surgery. I called my insurance, they cover it if it is medically necessary and all I need is for any ONE of my docs to email or fax a letter describing my issues and my BMI. I told the gal at the insurance my BMI and she said that that also needed to be in the letter, too. SO! I am going to a seminar regarding the Realize lap band next Thursday; then getting with my Primary doc as the surgeon wants a pulmonary eval, a cardiac eval and a psych eval FIRST! SO I need to get docs that are in network as I have a PPO.

I feel...very upbeat that I am starting the process; I know it is a journey and a tool to help facilitate weight loss...sometimes I wish I didn't wait so long! I will keep you lovely gals posted!!
megawatt823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

wow - this sounds EASY. at least, easier than most people have had! good luck - can't wait to hear the next installment!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

GOOD LUCK
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #4  

Hello Ladies!

I printed out all the paperwork that the Surgeon requires; I have a seminar next Thursday that I am attending and THEN I need to get a psych eval, a cardio eval and a pulmo eval THEN make the appointment.

I am really glad I called my insurance company, too. The rep. I spoke with was awesome and there NO EXCLUSIONS!! I don't think I mentioned that!

SO! I am making all the necessary appointments and having everything done and updated before I make the Consult appt. with the surgeon.

It IS a process, but I am glad to be doing it!! I feel good about this decision!! Thanks for listening! More updates later
Old 05-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #5  

Hi Ladies!

Wanted to let you all know that I attended a WLS seminar here in Denver 21 May and I have an appointment with the Surgeon 8 July!!! This time frame will be great because I want to get my consults finished and done so I have a complete file when I go see him!!! I even have all my paperwork finished and ready to go!!

I am so excited! I feel like I am making a step in the right direction!

I even painted my nails, for the first time in several years, because I feel so good about this decision!! I feel as if I am on the road to getting healthy and even (!) walked my doggies, even though it is hard for me to walk!! BUT I DID IT!!

YAY!

Just wanted to say that you ladies are an inspiration, a great support system and I am happy to have found the site!!

Cheers!
Meg