Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: (324/238/175) New 310/310/200

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy boo hoo-again!

Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember my post a few months ago when I was diagnosed with leukemia. I started the oral medication. So far, my white count has gone down and the size of my legs has gone up, as well as my weight! I gained 10lbs last week, I'm sure 100% water. It's so discouraging. I'm like, "well, I'm going to gain weight anyway, so I may as well eat my favorite junk." Real smart, huh?

I'm already on a diaretic-my mom calls them pee pills. I'm trying to drink more water than the minimal 64 oz.I'll be extra careful about salt. I spent most of yesterday in bed to get my legs to go down, but as soon as I get up, they balloon again. My face is puffy, too. gawd! I feel like a water balloon. I feel like I sloosh instead of walk. It's a side effect of the cancer treatment.
One more reason why, for me, reality is overrated. Thanks for listening to me *****.
merryterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh terry. i'm so sorry - what meds are you taking? is it prednisone? the entire universe gains weight on it. what does the doc say about your leg swelling? is there any possibility that compression stockings could help keep you mobile?

you've been on my mind - and in my prayers. i'm thrilled that you posted.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

for you.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Oh shoot! Here is a cyber-hug for you. Try real hard not to turn to food.....I know this is a real hard time for you, but go back to eating what you should and you will be amazed when the edema goes down how much you have lost besides just water. Man, I just wish sometimes we weren't programmed to turn to food during stress....I know I sure have done it a lot!!! Are you working now? Try to keep your legs up, but make sure you walk, that keeps the circulation going. JP's suggestion of compression hose is a good idea. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Terry Our thoughts and prayers are with you
Check on the hosiery When my legs are super swollen they really help
The weight isn't fat it's water
So the more that goes in more comes out!!
Most importantly keep posting here even if you're B1tching we all have to do it sometime and we'll be here for you!!
Something good will come!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #6  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

Terry don't give up... you have to remember your goal even during this difficult time. I am glad to hear that your treatments are working. Are you able to do any walking? Perhaps if you have the energy you can try to go for a little walk around the block are in the park to take your mind off of things and to help to get some of that water moving
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote