Flat Belly Diet err not so much

• So My sis got my Mom the Book
    I started Perusing it while Mom and Joe were watching a particularly creepy 48 hours
    They have a 4 day de bloat thing but many many of the Debloating items Bloat me
    Rice Krispies anyone? and Everythign was branded!!
    I am pondering making my own version of their Sassy water
    2 liters of water
    grated Ginger
    Grated cucumber
    mint leaves
    I was going to brew some Lemon Ginger tea and make iced tea with it
    I prefer my cukes with hummus and am allergic to mint

Still don't think that sassying up my water will enhance the Debloat tho
    any thoughts?
  • well. hmmmm. the sassy water actually sounds pretty good!!!! iced, i think. but so does lemon ginger tea.

will it help de-bloat??? who knows???? but at least it won't have any sodium or bubbles, which we all know can help contribute to water retention. and if people drink their water, that's a good thing, isn't it???????? i hope?????
  • debloat
    My PCP told me that cucumbers are an excellent natural diuretic, also the white part of the watermelon. I know when I don't get enough water in, I bloat like crazy-go figure.

Try what sounds good to you. Somethings out there make sense, some don't, but they all want our money because they think we too dumb or desperate to take care of ourselves. Let us know what works for you!
  • I love my English Breakfast Tea boiled with fresh ginger then iced with splenda! It's fabulous! I don't know about the bloating thing but drinking what you like will keep you drinking...always a good thing!

Angela
  • I've heard great reviews for their Sassy water - not pertaining to bloating, necessarily, but that it is very yummy and refreshing.

I don't know about the de-bloating phase of the plan, but I believe the diet itself is based on focusing on monounsaturated fats. I can say that, prior to surgery, I lost weight successfully and cut my triglycerides in half by limiting carbs and focusing on good fats (never limited or counted my fats, just tried to choose healthier ones when possible).
  • Hello...I caught the Flat Belly Diet in the thread name and had to comment. I've been on this, and now I'm following a calorie counting plan that is inspired by the book. The de-bloat is optional and by the end I made my own version of the sassy water (and then, just used lemon in water). Don't just toss this aside based on the brand names, I either couldn't find them or didn't want to buy them and just went with whatever was cheapest. It's actually a pretty solid plan, once you get past the debloating nonsense.
  • Thanks for the info
    I took a look at the Flat Belly Diet book but think I will stick to South Beach. I agree that any flavored un-carbonated water is good for you. I like the 'ol lemon and water! Marian
  • I made Ginger iced tea
    I don't know if it debloated me perse but it DEFINITELY helps with trapped gas!!
    Now I have to find more tea~
  • just drinking lots of water debloats me
    and a few gas-x!
    i hate trapped gas. it gets all in my shoulders and drives me nuts!