income taxes!!!

• tis the season, folks!!! and here's my vow for the 2009 tax year [yes - NEXT year!!!]. I'M GETTING AN ACCOUNTANT!!!

between the freelancing, unemployment, a new job [fingers crossed, everyone!!!], and renting out a house that i can't sell, taxes will be more complicated than i can cope with.

let's face it - they're ALREADY more than i can cope with.

remind me, everyone!!! gotta get an accountant!!!!! drat.
  • This year we're turbo taxin next year WHo knowS!
  • LOL I did my taxes by turbo on January (just like I being doing them the last 5 years). However, my finances are not that complicated. Maybe next year they will be because I served as a cosigner for a friend that bought a house... will see...
  • As a recently laid off accountant, I'm delighted to hear that you'll be supporting the profession.
  • INCOME TAXES!!! YIKES! and Annieoh
    AnnieOh....as much as I paid for a consult to my new accountant, you should be able to retire!!! I hope you find a job soon. I'm not making fun of you, but realized that I might have chosen the wrong profession. Good Luck my dear!

I'm new at all of this self-employment stuff and MAN did I get a rude awakening. I'm sure before this program of bailout is over I'll be paying every cent out that I make!!! Right now it is only the following: 35% to state and federal, 30% to Medicare, 25 or 30% for disability........I can't afford to have a job!!! LOL!!!! Needless to say, I'm gonna have to live with my kids when I retire. LOL!! I know that they will be thrilled!