3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   plateaus (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/169079-plateaus.html)

jonesk 04-13-2009 12:41 AM

plateaus

I'm going crazy! I've been at this weight for what feels like forever now. I know it happens all the time, but that doesn't make me feel any less depressed and pathetic. I'm just so down on myself and I feel like I'm messing things up when really, I'm probably doing alright. I'm getting close to being 6 months out now too, and I heard that's when weight loss usually slows. I'm getting kind of scared that I'm going to stop losing :(

What do you guys do when this happens? Anything you do to stop feeling so down and start losing again?

shrinkingleah 04-13-2009 01:34 AM

I've been totally stuck for three weeks and it is driving me MAD. I'm trying calorie cycling since I am a calorie counter. I haven't seen any results from that yet but I'm giving it some time. I'm three months out tomorrow so I was due for a plateau, I guess.

Congratulations on all you've lost all ready! I'd love to be where you are.

(BTW Adorable dog, He looks like my mini dachund.)

Leenie 04-13-2009 07:39 AM

Are you exercising? try increasing it a bit, also take a look at your calories and exactly what you are eating. Water??

jiffypop 04-13-2009 11:36 AM

and this is also a time to take a good, hard look at what you're doing - and shake it up a bit. especially the <dirty word coming!> EXERCISE!!!! our bodies get accustomed to a routine, and we gotta switch it up sometimes. wish it were different, but it's not!!!!

but it also sounds as if the two of you have done VERY Well - you can do this!

KO 04-13-2009 12:09 PM

One thing I find helps my food intake is stayign hydrates. I know when I'm craving sweet hardcore I'm usually just thirsty!

worthylady 04-15-2009 10:44 PM

How long has your plateau lasted? I usually go through a plateau for about 2 weeks and then I lose. Also Jiffy got it right. EXERCISE is the key and you have to step up very a whole lot. It helps. I try to make it to the gym at least 3 times a weel for an hour to hour and a half. Drink lots of water.

jonesk 04-16-2009 01:19 PM

Yeah, it's been about two weeks. I've started exercising again and I know I need to work on water. I decided I'm going to try and drink only that, there's really no need for anything else. I just feel like I'm going to be stuck at this weight forever! But the good thing is last night I realized I'm really becoming a lot more comfortable with myself. So that must be a good thing, right?

Thanks leah! And she's a mini too.

hedorah 04-16-2009 02:25 PM

I've been stuck on a plateau too, I feel your pain. I find bumping up the exercise, drinking more water, and avoiding sugar helps me get back to losing. Good luck.

Riceaholic 04-16-2009 04:42 PM

I've plateau'ed too. I can't really cut any more calories, but I should try drinking more water. I read somewhere that even a small drop in hydration can have a big effect on metabolism.

nanj 04-16-2009 11:02 PM

Plateaus......that word can bring tears to my eyes!!! Besides being well hydrated......did you know if you aren't eating enough, your body thinks it is going into starvation mode and will slow down the weightloss. Are you losing clothes sizes by any chance? I would go through a phase where I wouldn't lose a pound for a while, but my clothe size was going down, than wham I'd lose five or six pounds. Just hang in there. If you are doing what you are suppose to do you CAN'T not lose weight! Stay off the scales, they are not your friend right now.

Chickadee 04-17-2009 01:06 PM

As we said back in the 70s, Keep on Truckin'. Just keep doing everything you're supposed to and it will work - really!

And just an FYI, sometimes when I am working out harder than usual, the loss doesn't show right away. I read somewhere that your muscles retain water. Eventually it shows up on the scale though and it definitely shows in the way your clothes fit.

The Chick