Cholesterol Q

• DO you guys watch your Cholesterol intake? I've gone back to Low Carb so my egg intake is a lot higher and my cholesterol intake is too! Just wanted to check in. I'm not a huge fan of Egg Beaters (and you can't Hardboil them) so any input would be Very Welcome!

Kierie
  • here's my two cents, Kier - i REFUSE to watch my cholesterol intake until my doc says that my cholesterol level is too high - and he keeps saying that it's just fine!!!

between exercise <ahem> and veggies, my egg and cheese consumption doesn't seem to affect my cholesterol. what has ALWAYS made my cholesterol worse has been CARBS. so - there ya go.

has your doc told you to watch the eggs? actually, if you're really worried, you can use two eggs [in fact, using MEDIUM eggs can work really well], and keep the yolk on only one of them. works well for scrambling or hard boiling for egg salad.
  • No Just tracking on Livestrong.com shows you your %s and if I have my 2 hb egg snacks I'll be at a lot for my cholesterol thenagain I also won't be grazing so hmmm
    I'm not going to worry about it!
  • I do watch it. My family has heart and cholesterol issues so I drink 1% milk and eat eggs and Eggbeaters. While I had the DS and it prob. wouldn't be an issue for me due to the malabsorption, I still feel it's a good idea for me to watch it.