Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/162/145

Height: 5'3"

Question Any WLS People Who are Weight Watchers members??

Hello All...

I had WLS about 2 years ago and never reached the goal that I set for myself. While I am very grateful for the weight that I did lose, I still have about 20 more pounds to go that I can't seem to get off.

I feel like I could use some some structure as well as support and am considering joining Weight Watchers.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has had WLS and who now belongs to Weight Watchers and about your success with the program.

Thanks for any input.

Marie
LilMamaMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Hi Marie!!!

I can't really help with info on how it works yet, but I too needed that extra push to lose this last 20-25 lbs and joined WW tonight!

I went through them years ago and it was one for the most successful attempts at losing weight before the WLS. I am excited about doing it again WITH the WLS as a fabulous tool to help create that success again and keep it off!

I think we can do this! We have the WLS advantage!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 03-13-2009 at 02:28 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

You girls go!!!! I think if I didn't have a good support group that I would join WW again. It sure keeps you accountable especially if you have to pay. I think I have read over on the OH boards about people with WLS being in WW.

Last edited by nanj; 03-13-2009 at 12:53 PM.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #4  

Hi Marie,
I'm doing Weight Watchers online. I really like the structure it gives me. It's a whole lot easier doing WW with my band than without it. So, slowly but surely I losing more weight.
Good luck!

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/180/140

I really like Weight Watchers and did rejoin once my weightloss slowed down after having a lap band. I really like the program and the weekly support but this last time I found I just wasn't motivated enough to lose weight, even with WW. The only think I don't like about WW is that they sell foods I don't think are healthy - high carb, high fructose corn syrup, etc. But the classes are great, online system easy, and great recipes. I think it's a good choice for ongoing support for WLS patients.

Britt
brittu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I did it for a while. . .BUt found myself in the same trap with before WLS I was using points on CRAP!
but that's me!
Ang let us know how you like Momentum!!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 259/168/141

Hello everyone...
I am new to the forums, had lapband 5 yrs ago this May and have found myself up about 15 lbs in the last year or two.. I am considering doing WW again, because to be quite honest I am tired of trying to find the 'perfect' fill ..

I am just in the 'considering' it mode.. and wonder how the new Momentum program works, is it like the Flex program with a few minor changes?

Thanks for any input you can give...
smplycindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #8  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Well, so far so good. I like the new program...it's simple and much like the old point system I used years ago with a few changes. I lost 6 lbs this week according to them...I weighed at night for the first weigh in and in the morning for this one and it put me at higher then my scale 207...I like my scale! hehe Anyway, it's helpful...I found myself making better chioces and exercising more so I could have the little snack at night.

I am looking forward to getting under 200!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #9  

Honestly Cindy, I don't think it's much different than the other programs they've offered. The online tools make it easy to track my food. Also, I'm kind of geeky and love being able to see charts and little reward stars and stuff like that. Whatever floats your boat, right?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 262/162/145

Smile Thanks Everyone...

Thanks so much to everyone who responded!!

I went ahead and decided to join WW last Saturday. So far so good. I know a couple of people mentioned that they became food obsessed when doing WW. However, I got to thinking about it. I don't feel that becoming food obsessed is necessarily such a bad thing. For me anyway, it forces me to be more aware of what I'm putting in mouth as well as conscious of portion control. I was and always will be a food-a-holic and I realized that I will have to think about food for the rest of my life. I feel that will help me to keep the weight off that I've already lost as well as lose the pounds that are left.

Angela, keep up the good work!! Congrats on the 6 pounds lost. Keep me posted on your success.

Marie
LilMamaMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

So through some info gathering thanks to Angela and a mathematical formula for Pts
I'm giving it a shot (with the understanding that it doesn't give me license to fall into a vat of carbs
so a little low carb/calorie points fest
I'm curious to see how many calories 18 points buys
Old 03-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Hey People,

Miss Ange: Look how much your pretty face is slimming down. You change so much every time you put up a new picture.

KO: If I remember right, each point is about 50 cal. each. so 18 X 50 = 900cals and I think that they do something with the fiber thingy. They have had quite a few programs since I was with them so I could be totally off.

You girls go for it!!! I always liked WW and did well, just couldn't keep it off. Now you all have a edge with the pouch. YIPEE!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

So far I've used about 11 points and today that spells out about 679 calories I have 7 more points to go and will be having black beans and soy chorizo for dinndinn we'll see if its good!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #14  

Hey KO,

Remember you also get 35 extra points per week to use as you choose. You can use them all at once, a little at a time, or not at all. It is very helpful sometimes! You also get activity points. I can't tell you the formula for calculating them because I just plug my exercise into the points tracker, but you do get credit for working out. I generally don't use any of my activity points, but it's nice knowing they're there.

The Chick
Old 03-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Chick
I used 3 WPAs. I'm going to go back to exercising tomorrow Today we have a memorial thing to go too and I'm super stiff from our crazy snow! My rule for Activity points was I never ate them unless I banked 4 so we'll see
Ok gotta hit the showers!
Kierie
Here's to day 2!