I have Epiploic Appendigitis!!

• These kinds of medical things fascinate me!!!

I was in absolutely horrid abdominal pain (right where my Gaul bladder USED to be) on Friday afternoon. I called my surgeon who directed me straight to the ER! I was in rolling-on-the-table type pain, I-can't-speak type pain...anyway an IV Morphine later, I was better but they did a battery of tests and found nothing...until the CAT scan! I have necrotic tissue that has formed outside of the small intestine! Like skin tags on my intestine that are dying and causing me all this pain. Strange enough right? May or may be related to surgery...AND THEN in the CT scan they found an anomaly! I have TWO POUCHES!!! One has formed just behind the stoma in the small intestine that they attached to the actual pouch! The surgeon on call for my Dr. Said it might just be a glitch do to the dye they used in the scan but he wants to make sure.

Now THAT is strange. Thought I would share before I take another Pain pill...I think I might make better sense! LOL

Thanks for listening,

Angela
  • Oh Ang!
    Careful hugs Lady! Keep us posted. Do they know what to do about this?
    I had scar tissue pulling my intestines in crazy directions.
    Take care of yourself Lady Jane!!
    Love,
    Kier
  • Hey one more stomach and i will be a COW!!!!! hehehehehehe ok, pain pills atalkin'...LOL

The only thing they said they can do is pain management...it will have to take it's course...about a week.

Angela
  • I hope you get better soon Angela.
    right now I am torn between being scared to death of something like that and sick to my stomach with pain in my knee (these lovely storms in Angela's and my neck of the woods are taking their toll)
    I guess when it comes down to it I have the knee pain NOW, it is not going to stop, so I am going to take a risk with pain I MIGHT have later in the hopes of getting rid of this pain.
  • Hey Ange! I've been AWOL, but wanted to say I hope things are going better for you. What a weird thing. Only thing that I can say is ......MOO! LOL!! What can they do about it? Want to say congrats on your art showing. I loved your tear picture, but before I read your explanation of the picture I well....I thought it was a abstract of well....."nuts and berries". LOL!!! Not really, but.... LOL!!! I really do like it!!
  • Hehehehe mooooo!

The upper GI did show that it was a glitch in the CT Scan. I only have the two stomachs. LOL

Anyway...nuts and berries, Nan? Hummmmm abstracts and their interpretation show a lot about the viewer...normally. LOL What that says about you I'm not sure...here I have some ink blots for you to look at... Hehehehe

I feel much better, tummy pain is gone and I was even able to return to running today. Good thing because I was starting to get claustrophobic in this house!!

Angela