1,2 ChaChaCHa

• I have a new latin dance exercise dvd it's broken into 5 10 minute segments.
    Its showing me how far I've come both in losing weight and my being consistent goal with exercise. Last year and 7 lbs lighter but not exercising, I couldn't have done these moves! Now I'm faaaar from perfect and probably resembling more of a Drunk Chicken.
    I feel so strong and much more confident in moving.
    For those of you who don't know I have a mobility impairment (disability Handicap Special need Whateva!)
    The last time I consistently exercised I was a lot heavier so I didn't get to reap the benefits of this.
    I'm hoping I can master some of the salsa steps so DH and I can bust em out on the dancefloor!
    And then I'll go see Ang!

Kierie
  • darlin - all i can say is - if you can do this, i can, too. of course, i've NEVER danced!!!!! but that's never stopped me!

congratulations!!!!
  • Thats wonderful KO, I'm so happy for you.

I'm no dancer either but in the privacy of my own home, I'm teriffic
  • Good for you!!!
    Exercise is important, I have slacked a bit going to the pool, sometimes in this weather it is just so hard to motivate, so I got my trainer to show me Resistance band seated exercises and I tell you what I found out.... I am one wimpy weak fat chick, oh my and how. I am only using a medium band and still it knocks me for a loop.
    Starting tomorrow (sunday the 1st) I am going to be documenting on paper all the food and calories and exercise I do to help with my diet and with hopefully getting approved, I figure if I carry the steno pad everywhere I will be more likely to be honest about it. I wish I could get a pedometer to work better on me but cause my hips are so big they tend not to get a clear reading.
    I really wish I could salsa dance and all that so please enjoy it for me too.
  • Jiff the whole series is called 10 minute solution. She's not the greatest at explaining but **** if I can do it (drunk chicken style) anyone Can!
    Leens LOL you sound like me, but in my fam we're not allowed Not to dance in public You will be brought on the floor!
    Spooky! There is an aerobic series called Chair Aerobics (or Chair Fitness) for Everyone
    Not the one With Sunshine! she looks like Dee Snyder from Twisted Sister
    But the Chair Aerobics is great this morning I did the boxing after WATP and my abs are burning!
    google it, they have it on amazon, but to buy on the chair aerobics site is less $$
  • WOOHOO! I love it! *Cha Cha Cha*....I'm doin' it along with ya!!! You come and visit anytime and I will take you to the place that does Salsa lessons and now, you'll be ahead of the game!

Drunken Chicken?? ROFLMAO There's a picture for you...someone slipped some mash in the cornfeed! hehehehe Southerners might know what I mean.

Have you tried Belly Dancing??? Love that too! Actual belly dancing though is like yoga, not an aerobics class. It's sexy as all get out and a great workout too!

I'm with ya Spooky...it's all about motivation in the nasty cold here!!! Hate it! But I always feel that much better when I do get some exercise in, eh?
  • Quote:
    I'm with ya Spooky...it's all about motivation in the nasty cold here!!! Hate it! But I always feel that much better when I do get some exercise in, eh?
    You know I was thinking what whiners we are here about the cold...LOL they are having ice storms and sub-zero temps back east and we have a little inversion (smog for those of you who dont live in a valley) and like a low of 18* here in SW idaho and here I am trying to blame my lack of motivation on it..... I keep saying to myself "This is NOT the BIGGEST LOSER... No one is going to come pounding on my door and force me to work out "

I did work out yesterday for an hour