Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: (324/238/175) New 310/310/200

Height: 5'5"

Talking The down side of losing weight

Last week I tried on my smaller pants and most fit.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...les/carrot.gif And the down side is, now I have to shorten them.

But the upside-awesome. I went back to school (work) on Monday after our 2 week winter break and a friend (who has his own weight issue-we've been encouraging each other) gave me a huge compliment-twice- so I just had to give him a hug (don't tell DH!)

And I finally budged another 2 pounds off-I've been the same weight since surgery (band). Well, I kind of flirt with a new number for awhile-it will show up on the scale one day, and go away under a bigger number for a few days before it's there for good and I can start working on the next loss.
merryterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Wow! You are doing awesome! 49 lb. loss is no joke! Keep up the great work and don't give away too many hugs
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Now that is something to be MERRY about! Good for you!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #4  
No description available.

Heh, heh, That is a pretty good DOWNside. The other DOWNsides are when your pants fall DOWN and your underwear fall DOWN!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #5  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

The upside is new clothes! The downside is paying for the new clothes! I got a lot from the clothing exchange at the surgery support group...my neighborhood second hand stores became close friends...when I couldn't find something with the right fit like jeans, underwear and bras, I went to ROSS dress for less! (cheaper then Walmart on a lot of things)

I like to joke around and say, most of my clothes are given to me, second hand, taken in at least 2 sizes or from a discount store!

AWWWWWWW horrid shame all this, eh Terry???!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 01-07-2009 at 11:36 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

OH MERRYTERRY! You are doing so good! Now the clothes adventure begins. You think you have troubles with a 49 lb loss, just wait!!! LOL!!! But is such a nice adventure. When I went from 32 to 26s, I shopped second-hand places and got a few things for that time period, in a few weeks had to go back for those 22/24s, and just kept that up for quite a few months. I had an underwear fiasco and finally was forced to buy new underwear from 15 to 10s. Lets don't even discuss bras! LOL!! Just keep on doing what you are doing and roll those pants legs and the waist if you have too!!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I don't call that down, I call that exciting, CONGRATS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote