Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-02-2009, 01:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 281/281/150

Default Considering Surgery

I am seriously considering WLS. I have been steadily gaining weight each year that I have tried to lose weight. I can remember when I weighed 225lbs. for a long time. It has been 10 years since I was that weight. I currently weigh 281 lbs. after numerous attempts to lose weight.

Weight loss surgery is taking longer than I thought to even get in to have the surgery. Many people would say, "you could just lose the weight, rather than waiting to get surgery". If it was as easy as saying it, then I would have lost the weight a long time ago.

Anyway, I am going to request the "sleeve gastrectomy" surgery. After reviewing all of the options it seems to have the least amount of side effects.

Last edited by sigowife; 01-02-2009 at 01:34 AM.
sigowife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

...... ......

This is a great place to meet people that have been through the same feelings of discouragement with dieting, who have been through all the time consuming pre-surgery stuff you have to do to get approved. Come here to get your questions answered and to get much needed support and friendship when you're going through all the Hoop Jumping and Emotional Rollercoaster Riding we have all been through or are going through around here!

Good Luck with all you have to do!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 01-02-2009 at 01:59 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

and Good Luck !!!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/146/140

Height: 5ft 4in

WELCOME!!!! Please feel free to ask ANY questions that come to you..The members here have been nothing but nice and helpful to me!! Hang in there, surgery time will come...and it will seem like a whirlwind when it finally does!!
Jiggly Wiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #5  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to our little group Everyone is so open on this site. WLS is a lifestyle change and it is much needed tool for those that battle obesity. Welcome aboard!
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/281/150

Thank you ladies for the welcome. It is a challenge for me to depend on others for support and help. However, my new goal is to post something at least once a day.

Another day, another phone call to see if there are any Pathway classes available at this time. The same answer that I have been hearing since September. No classes have been scheduled for the month of January.

The other forums that I am active in are 40-somethings and the 100+ club. Again, thanks and Happy healthy new year to all.

Last edited by sigowife; 01-03-2009 at 02:09 AM.
sigowife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #7  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

I wish this had been an option for me when I was under 300 pounds, sadly I had to get over 400 before my insurance would even consider my co-morbidities bad enough.
Part of me looks at someone in the upper 200s and thinks But that is not so big, then I remember the day I found out I was 300 pounds and how I could not stand to say 300 much less 309, so I guess if I had had the opertunity i do now then, knowing what would become of my body, then you bettcha I would jump on it.
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote