Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #1  
LOVES BEING A LOSER!!!

S/C/G: SW219/CW118/GW126

Height: 5ft3in Surgery date is Saturday 6th December 2008 7.30am Roux-en-Y gastric Bypass (RGB)

Default Loss of appitite

I am waiting for my Op on the 6th December and for the past week or so my appitite has just gone, I mean, really I don't feel like eating at all, I am not a big eater really, but still over weight lol,but I can go all day with nothing to eat and sometimes days, but the reason for my Op is I have PCOS and I am overweight and do struggle with my weight, and I really want the Op because I want a new life and be Healthy instead of the way I do go about food, which to be honest with you all, I suffer from bulimia aswell, But I keep thinking, when I have the Op what if i am not really hungry, will I have to eat?
I know that seems like a silly question because I want to lose weight, but at times I feel confused with it all.
Lipgloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

well, it's not a silly Q. and frankly, you will HAVE TO consume something - at first, it'll be protein shakes. and that's fine. really, it is! most of us have found that if we let the fact that we really don't want to eat get in our way, we get dizzy, exhausted, uncomfortable. i figured out - and this worked for ME - everyone else has a different formula - that i had to consume 15 grams of protein every 3 hours in order to NOT get dizzy and tired.

so, i did it. every 3 hours, 15 grams. you'll figure out what works for you, but you DO have to consume the protein. you need it to keep your bones, muscles, red blood cells, white blood cells, etc etc etc going!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:30 AM   #3  
LOVES BEING A LOSER!!!

S/C/G: SW219/CW118/GW126

Height: 5ft3in Surgery date is Saturday 6th December 2008 7.30am Roux-en-Y gastric Bypass (RGB)

Thanks for your reply, I guess when it comes down to it I will have to eat, and I really do want to be healthy so I will do as I am told, I really do want to change my eating habbits once and for all and I will do it.
Its great to know I have all the support I need here so I want to Thankyou all for being here for me.
Lipgloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

oh honey - we'll be here for ya!!!! and please remember - it's going to take TIME to change your habits. and it all starts with looking at why/when/what you're eating. and then tackle things one step at a time. little by little, you'll make changes. after all, here it is, almost 7 years after my surgery, and i'm STILL finding out what makes me tick and what i should be tweaking.

the surgery allows you time to re-build this 'eating system' you've set up. so be sure to TAKE the time.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote