Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-31-2008, 11:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Grateful Post! Are you grateful?

Tonight I walked literally miles with my son, DIL and grandbaby for Halloween. Of course I was tired, oh so happy to be able to do it. My son asked me if this was the first Halloween that I was able to be out and able to walk without a limp. YES!!! and then I started bawling, because I've got so much to look forward to. Sometimes, I think about all that I have missed because of MO, but don't can't dwell on it. It is upward and onward for me. If you think you have a long haul ahead of you, in a stall, doing a six month supervised diet, etc, hang in there because it is so worth it. I bought med. uniforms and the last ones that I wore were 5Xs and oh so ugly. You can't put an elephant in stripes and big plaids and not look ridiculous and hideous. I can now wear normal anklets and socks......unless you have been fat you would never think about how hard it is to wear socks that cut you legs and ankles and tear up your toes. Panty hose that the crotch hangs and won't pull up over your fat rump and cuts into the fatty wrinkles on your legs. All of that is over!!! TG!! I'm grateful that I can't eat as much as I use to be able to do, because I know that I would be doing it! Miserable, bloated and mad at myself which would make me go right back and eat more. Now if I eat more than a cup, I'll puke or wish I was dead so.......I don't!!! LOL!!!! For supper I ate one piece of 2 X 2 full-fat, wet pizza. But guess what, I stopped there and didn't need another thing. Use to eat a least half of the pizza and be up all night with heartburn, and guilt, but would go right back at it in the morning. I'M ALIVE!!!!!!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Thank you, that's inspiring. It really helps to *notice* when you're doing things you couldn't do before. Lately I've been having a lot of fun putting my nieces up in the air in my arms or with my legs - and not getting tired after the first two times! And I was able to climb in and out of a very tight space in the back seat of a pickup last night (past a car seat), and I just wouldn't have been able to before.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

I am sooooo grateful Nancy...for all the wonderful things I can do now that I missed out on for the first 41 years!

I bought a beautiful bra and 3 pairs of size large panties at...get this...Victoria Secret! Me?!?! Woohoo!!!! I bought size XL and had to return them!

I am grateful for my family's support, for my long time friends and for making new ones..even though it's hard to put myself out there...I am grateful that I have learned more about myself in the last year then I have in all my life!

AND I am grateful for you...you wonderful Nancy, you...for making me laugh and reminding us all to be and remain grateful!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 11-02-2008 at 10:11 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

missangelaks...thanks so much for that post. It just hit me, I can now fit into victoria secret sizes! OMG, I can't believe it. I haven't shopped there in years.
I'm wearing XL tops, but trying to make a lot of my old clothes work with a belt and saftey pins. My bf told me yesterday I just look hideous with what I'm wearing and give in and buy some stuff. I do all my shopping at thrift stores or discount right now. I'm still loosing so I can't justify full price shopping yet. But once I do watch out!
Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Worked a half day to take care of someone who is my age, well we actually went to grade school together but don't remember each other. I'm grateful I'm healthy, not in a wheelchair and able to take care of myself. I'm even more grateful because I'm no longer morbidly obese and that I can bend, squat, reach, walk and move to take care of someone who isn't able to take care of themselves. Was it easy, NO! But, this time last year, I was barely able to take care of myself. TG for WLS! I'm tired, but oh so grateful.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/245/217

Height: 5'1"

Reading your post was only made me more excited than I was before to have this surgery. My friends keep asking me- Are you sure you want to do this? You know there are risks right?
There is actually less risk having this done than keeping on the way I have been. I have let my obesity stop me from doing so many things that I wanted and still want to do. I guess people that have never experienced have a hard time understanding how hard that is.
We went on a family cruise last year- the first one we had ever been on. I was so excited because it had a rock wall on it and I wanted to climb it. The day we went to the rock wall I noticed that both of the people who were guiding your ropes and would hold them taught to save your life if you slipped looked only to way MAYBE half of what I did. I thought better of it and didn't even try. Later that night we went to the bar and everyone did Karoake- everyone but me. I didn't want to get up there knowing the whole audience would be staring at the "fat girl". And let's not even talk about how uncomfortable it was to put my old lady swim dress on in front of all those skinny, tan, beautiful people. I want to be able to practice soccer with my kids and not worry about hurting myself or embarasing them. I am so ready to do this. I am not looking forward to my two weeks of only drinks, but thank you for reminding me how totally worth it it is in the end!! Bless you all!!
And Victoria's Secret??? I wonder if I will ever see the day.... I can't even fathom that at this point!!
chunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote