Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Just this and that and LAVA BUNS

I've been doing a part-time nursing job and it is a new agency and I feel like I'm at the Mad-Hatter's Tea Party like Alice in Wonderland. Taking care of patients never changes, but the paper work......YIKES! Now about the LAVA BUNS....I got this large insulated thingy that you heat up in the microwave for about 3 minutes on a side. There is an insulated water-proof pocket and inside that is a big pad that reminds me of one of those bags that you heat an put in a Pyrex casserole carrying bag. It is as big as my behind and you take out the bag and heat it for about 3 minutes on a side. It is heavenly! You can sit on it; but the nicest thing is that it can go clear across the small of your back and it really, really warms you. I can't wait to try it in the car because of my freaky fingers.I constantly have hot-pockets in my pockets and am looking for a pair of leather palmed driving mittens that I can put the hand-warmers in and drive.

I've been thinking about my need to get a handle on my "head hunger". I reached goal early, have maintained, but fight the food demon regularly. When you are first new at WLS you religiously watch everything that you put in your mouth; but it seems to me that since I've met my goal, that I am a little aimless. Oh, don't know how to explain it. I've tasted things, well carby things, that I would never have put in my mouth a year ago. I did get a copy of the The Beck Diet something or other and will start working on that and journaling. My goal is to try and stay between 160 and 169 at all times. I don't weigh myself regularly because I will go nuts. I'm trying to anaylze everything that I put in my mouth from a nutritional standpoint even more closely than I did when I first had the surgery. It should still be as easy as protein then carbs just like in the beginning, but I have more variety and many more temptations. I really don't have any idea how many calories I eat in a day. I feel the biggest guilt if I even eat one Splenda cookie. There is nothing wrong with a Splenda cookie once in a while, but I've got such a terrible mindset about food that anything that isn't a protein is BAD!!!!and if course that makes me feel GUILTY! I feel that sometimes I eat a protein just because I think I haven't eaten enough protein that day and I'm not really hungry, but just eat it. I'm nervous about becoming a grazer. That is one of the things that I read about the most that can cause weight regain. I'm so grateful for the WLS and the wonderful life that I have because of it, but am worried that somewhere, sometime that it will all be gone as quickly as it came. Maybe I'm just getting old and think too much......Anyone else know where I'm coming form or having the same problem? Hope it is just me.....now I'm feeling GUILTY again. LOL!!!! Think I'll just go take my LAVA BUNS and curl up on the couch and take a nap!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/245/217

Height: 5'1"

Oh Nanj- You should be so proud of yourself. I know I haven't had the surgery yet so I really don't have a personal experience to draw from here, and I know at the weight I am now I look at myself and wonder how in the world I let myself get to this place, but to have gone through everything you had to in order to even have the surgery and to make it a success has taken discipline and hard work - any goal that you have fought that hard to obtain is one worth being proud of and the sheer effort it took to get there will help you to realize that you hold the power to accomplish great things- you HAVE accomplished great things - you ARE in control. You shouldn't stress that one splenda cookie on occassion might cause you to backslide. If it makes you feel better maybe you can just do an extra mile on the treadmill to make up for it??
chunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote