Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #16  

HI everyone,I am a patient from Kaiser ssf and the dietician told me we can absorb more protein at one time.It is kindof frustrating because everyone had differen't answers for this question,all I can suggest is go by what your surgeon dietician from wls says.

take care

Kim e
seabreez2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #17  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabreez2000 View Post
HI everyone,I am a patient from Kaiser ssf and the dietician told me we can absorb more protein at one time.It is kindof frustrating because everyone had differen't answers for this question,all I can suggest is go by what your surgeon dietician from wls says.

take care

Kim e
My dietician told me all I'd ever be able to eat (size wise) was a tiny jar of babyfood.... what a joke.

Frustrating is right.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Mock Mashed Potatoes Supreme

Mock Mashed Potatoes Supreme

1 med. head of cauliflower
3 oz. softened cream cheese (I use Light garlic and onion)
2 TBSP sour cream (I use light)
1 egg
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp chicken base or bouillon (can leave this out and just use salt)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp chopped fresh or dried chives for garnish
3 TBSP trans fat-free margarine

Directions:
Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water fro about 6 minutes, until well done. DRAIN WELL! Don't let the cauliflower cool completely. Pat the cooed cauliflower very, very dry between layers of paper towel, if you don't your "potatoes" will be runny. Pulse the cauliflower with the cream cheese, sour cream egg, parmesan, garlic, chicken base and pepper until almost smooth. Garnish with chives and serve hot with a pat of margarine. Serves 4

NOTE: If you are worried about the raw egg, microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.
NOTE NOTE: I don't boil my cauliflower, I steam it in the microwave.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:22 AM   #19  

S/C/G: Starting - 329 Goal - 200

Height: 6'1

Can anyone give me suggestions for good pre op and post op protein supplements that you have tried and liked. Merci! Albert
njbipolarkub1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #20  

Wow Nancy....you did a superb job in making the list of food and the recepies you posted are also awesome. Thanks for it and keep posting...
PMil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I read in a couple of places that a moderately active person should consume 0.7 grams of protein per pound of their ideal weight. So a person who wants to be 150 pounds (oh! Me!! Pick me!!!) would eat 105 grams of protein a day.
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 320/245/150

Height: 5'5"

I am new to all this thank you so much . You are awesome and a big help to me. Have a wonderful day.
Inner Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 290

Height: 6'

Default Let's Talk About Greek Yogurt

Hello all! How have you been? It's been awhile since anyone posted in this protein thread...

Have you noticed the recent "Greek Yogurt Boom"? It's everywhere! Some GYs are higher than others in protein and fat and carbs... What is your favorite and why? Where did you buy it? What is the nutritional value?
GingerGoodfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #24  
Beginning Again . . .

S/C/G: 298/251/133

Height: 5" 1'

Wink Update On Greek Yogurt . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerGoodfellow View Post
Hello all! How have you been? It's been awhile since anyone posted in this protein thread...

Have you noticed the recent "Greek Yogurt Boom"? It's everywhere! Some GYs are higher than others in protein and fat and carbs... What is your favorite and why? Where did you buy it? What is the nutritional value?
*** As of this writing [02/25/14], Publix now carries their own store brand greek yogurt, as does Winn-Dixie. Both of these store brand greeks are awesome and a better price most weeks. cool:
The Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #25  
Beginning Again . . .

S/C/G: 298/251/133

Height: 5" 1'

Wink Update On Greek Yogurt . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerGoodfellow View Post

*** As of this writing [02/25/14], Publix now carries their own store brand greek yogurt, as does Winn-Dixie. Both of these store brand greeks are awesome and a better price most weeks.
The Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #26  
Old Cackler

shoprite also has its own brand of greek yogurt. it's not bad. i tend to stay away from yoplait [just don't like it]. I read all the labels and try VERY HARD to buy flavored yogurts with more protein than carbs. But with all the stuff they add to the flavored yogurt, that's sometimes hard.

So, i usually buy a big container of the unflavored, and add fruit or some SF preserves or even a spoonful of orange juice concentrate.

My favorite is Cabot full fat Greek plain. Yeah, it's high in fat, but since i've been throwing up most of my food for the past year, I figure i'm better off getting SOME calories in from a small portion of a good protein source.

If i can't find that [and it's sometimes hard to find] i get a 2% fat greek plain.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

I take a cup of boiling water and sprinkle any flavor of sugar free jello in the boiling water and whisk. I then take 1 cup of plain unflavored greek yogurt and stir it in and let it set in the fridge until firm. Yummy....jello fluff. Peach used to be my favorite but Strawberry is my new favorite. I have tried the lime and lemon too. 1 cup of water, 1 small box of sugar free jello and 1 cup of plain unflavored greek yogurt.....give it a try....hope you like it.
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #28  
Old Cackler

i'm gonna try this - what a great idea!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote