Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-15-2006, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Help.... Office Torture!!

Alright as if it isn't bad enough that the table in the kitchen at work has all kinds of yummy wonders on it that I've been walking by and resisting all day.....one of my coworkers just came back to the office with a really big coldstone creamery cake cause someone's birthday was yesterday. Cake is not in my plan today....in fact I'm making it in my plan for Monday since Monday is my birthday and i know they will get cake at work and i know my parents will show up with cake at home no matter how much i tell people not to get them!
Anyway my will power is fading. I also don't want to be rude...maybe I can do a 1-2 swoop, take a piece of cake, have 1 bite so I don't seem rude, take it back to my desk and throw the rest away!
Any ideas, reinforcement!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

First of all Happy Birthday.

Now PUT DOWN THAT FORK! Save it for Monday!!!!! You can do it!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I don't have any great advice for you, except to send you another dose of You've been doing so, so well, you can get past this, IF YOU WANT TO, that is the key, just how badly do you want to NOT eat that cheesecake? You've got to decide.

And let me just say it's times like these that I am so thankful to work out of my home, leftovers and all.

Good luck Sunshine, you CAN do this. You don't have to eat that cake. Or maybe just a nibble. You make the choice.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:23 PM   #4  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Sunshine - NO CAKE! Monday will be here so soon!! You can do it

Visualize yourself in your dream outfit! Every time the cake appears in your thoughts, bring back that great image of yourself to your mind!

Sending good thoughts and your way
eusebius
eusebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:23 PM   #5  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Happy Birthday!

Of course you should have cake on your birthday (and even on your SO's birthday)! I am always allowed to have cake on my birthday (really, I'm sure it's bad karma not to have a least a small piece). I limit it to one piece, but I'll tell you, if there are leftovers, I'm allowed one piece per day until they are gone.

But, today, I would say no to the cake. I would use the knowledge that I am going to have cake on Monday to give myself the strength to skip it today. Monday is just three days away, and every peice of cake you eat puts you that much farther from your goal. Is today's piece of cake really worth it, especially when you're going to have cake in just three days?

Here's a little more from me.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

damn i love that willpower dust! I'm not worried about not eating the cake...I can totally do that no problem...but how do i get away with out getting the ear full from my co-workers about why I'm not eating it and not come off as being rude? I just want to avoid the conversation about it all together with them so that we don't get into the 'one piece won't kill you' discussion....**** I survived the cupcake bar at the holiday party....this is just a cake!
Thats why I was thinking take a piece and sneak it into the trash once i'm out of sight
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

If it was in my hands, it would be in my mouth. If you have the willpower to through it away - that is great!!!

Some "fibs" I've used in the past when I haven't felt like sharing my eating plan with the world...

No thanks,
I'm still stuffed from lunch.
I've never been fond of...a flavor, a topping, etc.
I've developed a food sensitivity to dairy lately.
My stomach is a little queasy today, I think I'll pass (watch out using this one in the morning, people will think you are pregnant)

I also usually chew gum, so I don't have an empty mouth.
Spideranne is offline   Reply With Quote