Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 09:11 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ani -- I agree with you completely! Thanks for saying that!

I post a lot in reference to the water question not to dissuade people who want to drink water from drinking, but to help those who feel they are trying to force down water they don't want to drink.

There are so many things to think about wrt health and weight loss. Some of us find it easy to do some things. For example, it's easy for me to eat breakfast in the mornings. So, following that prescriptive advice works for me.

I've never been a huge water drinker. Don't get me wrong, I probably drink 4 glasses of "straight" water a day, so I don't abstain. But I just don't like the feeling that I am being forced to drink tons of water (and only water), when there are other ways I would prefer to hydrate, such as drinking coffee (2 cups a day), green tea, some diet soda, as well as the foods I eat.

I see a lot of people on these boards who feel like they are failures because they don't drink over 100 oz of pure water each day. And I guess my posts are mostly for them. To show that there isn't a lot of scientific consensus that we need so much pure water, and that there are lots of ways to remain hydrated apart from water.

One problem with posting on this topic, however, is that there are lots of people who find lots of benefits in drinking water who feel that their water drinking is being attacked. Another problem is that people may think I'm saying keeping hydrated isn't important. That's not what I'm trying to do.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #32  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Rockin': Didn't mean for my post to sound aggressive. If it did, I'm sorry! I had fun looking it up because I'm a geek. Also, I'm with everyone else who said it was fun discussing this issue and you shouldn't be sorry! It got me thinking, this is a good thing...

I agree that one should drink as much water as is necessary to get through the day. For example, I can't drink more than 1.5 liters a day, otherwise I would be in the bathroom peeing it all out. For those who can, yay! For those who can't, also yay! It's the difference between can't and WON'T that matters. If you're not drinking a lot of water but you're not exhibiting symptoms of dehydration, there's no problem, is there?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:12 AM   #33  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

No need for anyone to apologize. When I read something I take it into consideration and then do what I feel is best for me. And I think and certainly hope that that's what everyone else does. I never, ever take anyone's opinion as fact, especially some guy from ediets. My interest was piqued because it was information that I was unaware of. Did I check the validity of it? No. I have never claimed to be an expert in the field of weightloss or anything else for that matter. It interested me and I thought it might interest others as well. It was just something to throw around. I don't think anyone's opinion on the amount of water to drink is wrong, it is as individual as we are. Again, I hope everyone will choose what's best for them. I
Old 12-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #34  

Everyone just simmer down...no need to let tempers boil over or get steamed up over this topic...I'm sure we can all build a bridge over our troubled waters and not rock the boat while we head out to the calm seas of understanding.

*ducking*
Old 12-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #35  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

LOL ejm!!!!!!!
Closed Thread