Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5'2

Default Uh...oh...

I put my self in biiiiiiig big trouble here. And it's all my fault! You see, we are doing a fundraising at our school, so all the students in my year bought boxes of chocolate each containing 30 mini boxes of chocolate covered almonds and cashews. I bought one giant box yesterday. And I've eaten 4 of the mini ones so far and sold two. The whole point of this fundraising is to sell all these boxes each costing 90$ and keep 50% of the profit.

What's the point in keeping the profit that I'M paying for MYSELF?

Not only that, but jeez, why did I do this to myself? I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself when theres a BOX OF CHOCOLATE lying under my bed. I'm trying to get rid of them all asap but it's not as easy. I can't hide it from myself, because I have to know where it is so I can take it out and attempt selling it again. I don't know. I'm overloaded on chocolate and in debt 12$ so far for myself. Honestly, how am I supposed to be making profit when I'm my own gluttonous customer!?!

Grr...
Remember2Forget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #2  

Oops! Sorry everyone, I just realized that this fits the forum called Support better!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #3  
it's always something

Moved

Oh boy, I remember when my son used to sell candy bars for school! That was a very dangerous time

I'm not sure if this is an option at this point, but could you give them back to the school and offer to make a fair donation in lieu of sales? That way you are still doing your part for the kids, but keeping yourself out of danger.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #4  

They said I could do whatever I want with them but have to bring back 50% of the profit "NO MATTER WHAT!!"

And I could do just that I suppose...but I doubt I could give it back to the school...maybe I could go downtown and give them to homeless people? Ack, I don't know...I really don't...
Old 12-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

If you celebrate Christmas, can you wrap them up and give them as gifts to your neighbors, your hairdresser, etc., or give them to one of the places that provides presents for kids, like the Salvation Army, or even try the foodbank? There MUST be some organization that will take them, and if you wrap them perhaps that will keep you from getting into them until you find a "home" for them?

I've started just giving money to the Girl Scouts when they want to sell me cookies. Then they can resell them, or some of the troops will donate them to the foodbank.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote