First off, thank you so much to all of you that replied. Reading all of your responses made me tear up and really gave me a confidence boost. I feel so touched that all of you took the time to write such kind words. I don't feel so alone in this now and I really feel so much better thanks to all of you
I didn't end up at the store, thank goodness. I held off as long as I could then opted for light popcorn that fit into my eating plan. Phew! Made it through.
- You're so right about finding different 'selves' and not fast forwarding through. I have to take the RIGHT way, not the easy way through this. I find I've already discovered parts of me I didn't know were there. I'm glad I have been strong enough to realize that I don't have to beg someone like him to stay with me. I'm glad I have been able to reach out when I need help rather than turn to junk food to make me feel better (thanks to the support of nice people like you
) and I'm glad to know that eventually (whenever that may be..) things will be ok.
- I took your advice and took some steps into moving on. I went through some of my old clothes that don't fit any more and got them bagged up to donate to charity. Thanks for the initiative
Sometimes these things make a lot more sense when someone else says them!
- I'm going to take as much ME time as possible this week. Thanks for reminding me that I deserve it
- Thanks so much for the hug
I've stayed with my family a few nights over the past little bit. It's so hard to leave my home though.
I will definitely come out of this stronger.. and that is a really great thought to keep me positive.. so thanks for mentioning that
chick in the hat
- Thanks for making me feel better about myself.. your post acutally boosted my confidence! You're right! I AM worth more than this
- It definitely is hard to be in the same place. I wish he would take a hint and hit the road for a while!
Hehe. Thanks for all your kind words
- Thank you for your hugs and prayers
I really appreciate them.
- I am going to keep what you said about having control of my eating front of mind. You're right.. it is one of the very few things that I can keep total control of right now. Thank you