Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-01-2006, 11:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Default Nothing makes me feel more alive!

This morning, just like at least one morning every week, I felt like "do I really want to go to aerobics class?" My aerobics schedule is usually Mon/Wed/Thurs/Fri mornings. However, I knew that my next chance to work out would not be until Monday, and I knew that I should go, so I got myself off the couch and out the door.

The thing is...I NEVER REGRET GOING! I feel great afterwards! NOTHING MAKES ME FEEL MORE ALIVE THAN EXERCISE!

Anyone else feel really ALIVE when you've exercised?
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #2  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I walk alot and have made it part of my daily routine. I feel great when doing it! I have recently started doing 8 minute abs and trying pilates. I can really feel the burn in my tummy and that makes me feel great!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #3  
Meg

Me too!

It's the best way to start the day! I ALWAYS feel better when I bounce out of the gym, regardless of how rotten I felt dragging myself in.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #4  
No description available.

Funny, I use the same phrase for myself. "I never regret exercising". Do it and be glad. : )
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #5  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I like it too. I used to love jogging but now for some reason I'm not feeling it as much. However, I do love walking. I get upset if I don't get a chance to take my walk in the morning. It really is invigorating, isn't it?
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #6  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I used to get like this with going to the gym. My walk home always felt so much better, so much more alive, than the walk there. For some reason, my WATP exercise at home, while it's a good workout, doesn't produce the same feeling. Which is kind of unfortunate, because I liked that feeling. But the phrase "I never regret exercising" still works, cause even if I don't feel measurably *better* after, I certainly don't feel worse!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #7  
a brave new me...

Yup I feel the same way... at least afterwards! Nothing like those endorphins to make you feel good. And the harder the workout, the better. My favorite workout is definitely lap swimming... not only do you get the exercise rush but you feel feel clean, refreshed, and invigorated from the water.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #8  
rethinking myself...

S/C/G: 276/256/175

Height: 5' 11"

Convincing myself to exercise is the hard part. I always feel great afterward! So maybe the "I never regret exercise" motto will help with that.
kittymuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #9  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I always feel more awake when I get up and exercise in the morning. My preferred time to exercise is mid-afternoon because I have more energy then; my morning workouts are a real drag to get through. But once I'm through them and had my shower, I do definitely feel more awake and alert than mornings when I don't work out. Once in a while I do an early morning workout just for this reason. Plus it's such a huge relief to have my exercise out of the way for the day that I feel smug about it all day long.

And it's also true that it's sometimes a struggle to get to the gym and get started, but once I'm done, I never regret it. At the beginning of every workout, I swear, I think "today's the day I'm not going to make it." But every day, I make it. When I get to the halfway point, I start to get excited because I realize that I am going to get through my workout. And I love the feeling right when I finish and I realize that I made it through yet another workout (and I'm done for the day )!

Sojourner, I also love lap swimming. It's a great break from my usual cardio workout and I do feel really refreshed afterwards. But the thing I like most about it is...no flop sweats!
Me in gym (notice big drops of sweat):
Me in pool (notice no sweat):

I hate sweating!!!!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #10  
Stronger Than Yesterday

Tara D, I couldn't agree more! After I finish my hour of step aerobics at the gym I feel like I can take on the world! The more salty faced I feel, the better. Hehe!

BluetoBlue.. I laughed out loud at the big drops of sweat vs no sweat
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #11  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Absolutely. Everything feels better after a workout. It's just, you know, giving yourself the to actually do it that's the hard part!!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #12  

LOL, I love the I hate sweating argument! I do too, but I'd rather sweat doing cardio than trying to get upstairs.
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

THANK YOU!!!!
This thread made me get up, put on my sweats & do the best hour on elliptical EVER! It's true....nothing makes me feel more alive (okay - there's that whole sex with the spouse thing but frankly it doesn't burn as many calories!)...I love the thrill I get entering all my accomplishments in my Fitday too
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:00 AM   #14  

O.o, you live in the Twin Cities! I live in St. Cloud! Your weight loss totals (start-wise and end-wise) are so close to mine too! Funny how life works out. Nice to see another MN girl!
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

I totally agree isn't that strange? I love it when i actually get my excercise video out and get down to it but getting up to do it can be hard esp since i work out alone at home..but once ive started it i feel like i can take over the world And everyday i excercise i know i'm one day closer to my goal Then i start to wonder how come i didnt do this before esp when i see how fit my tummy is beginning to look.
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote