Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #1  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Exclamation OK- LOOK, I don't know what's wrong with me....

I have been on Weight Watchers for just over 3 months now! I was doing great- I was on track to meet my Halloween Goal to be at 220. I was losing steady and I was sooo excited. I stayed within my points range everyday. I didn't feel the need to overeat/binge. On Halloween I weighed 221.5 and then every since then I seem to crash a few days a week.... I have been eating all my flex points by Tuesday and then I go over points like 3 days after that.... I sometimes just feel like I can't control myself...I feel like I am not in control right now and I don't know what to do to get it back... I don't know why I am sabatoging myself...Why would I do this? It doesn't make sense. Weight Wathcers is not hard. If you count your points you can eat whatever you want....I even have a few drinks every weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions for stregthing commitment to my healthy lifestyle??

I have lost 20.5 lbs so far and haven't regain as of yet...(I am nervous about my weigh in tomorrow).

I have also lost 22 inches overall.

I am feeling so much better about myself, but I can feel myself slippin back in to old habits.

I really need help.
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:00 PM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

I don't really have much to say that's useful; I just wanted to let you know that I read this and I care. I think you're doing the right thing by seeking support here.

Can you think of any particular foods you're eating that may have begun triggering cravings? Are you under a lot of stress right now? That can set off the urge to binge in a BIG way.

Do keep posting here, please; this site is an invaluable resource. Good luck!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #3  
love my new muscles!

S/C/G: 231/182/165

Height: 5'7

You said your goal was to lose 20lbs be Halloween. Have you set a new goal? It may seem silly but it works for me. I have three short term goals at a time and when I reach them I set a new one. When I say short term I sometimes mean very short term. One of my ongoing goals is to be in the nine by that I mean 219, 209, 199, 189 (current goal). Another current goal of mine is to be considered overweight rather then obese which for me will be 188. Another goal has to do with losing ten. I started at 231 so that was 221, 211, 201, 191 (reached this week).

Last weeks goal #1 - 191 (total of 40 lbs lost) #2 - 189 (in the nine - or down by ten) #3 - 188 (to be overweight rather then obese)

These goals seem pretty close together but the 188 was one of my first goals that I set so I am not sure what to replace that with.

When I started my long term goal was 185 and I honestly didn’t think I would make it to that. I have changed it to 175 and still wonder If I will make it that but the funny thing is making all my short term goals has gotten me closer then I ever thought that I could. You are on the right path just keep your eye one the goal ...and make it so that you can see the goal (short term) not impossible (long term goal - that will suddenly before you even realize it be in your reach)

Good Luck and much success. Be proud of yourself and go buy some new jeans. That too makes me feel better. lol
Luv_Losing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

I have basicly been dealing with the same thing you have .. but think I have made it thru a lil bit of a hurdle the last week or so. I was sabotaging myself and while was still losin weight it was slowing down drasticly to .5 or .6 a week and I had been doin great. Basicly it took me kickin myself in the butt and re-dedicating and re-commiting myself. This is a very hard time of the year with all the sweets and dinners and everything out there and life gets hectic ... but I started one day at a time .. writing down everything .. talkin to myself .. givin myself lil pep talks .. and got back to my exercise plan. I just had to shake myself and say~~ look here missy!! you have done great ..and you are gonna keep goin! if i gotta drag yer butt every step of the way!! ~~ hang in there hon .. you can do this .. it just gets tedious at times and easy to forget to log .. or easy to have a lil extra here and there.. just commit yourself again and take it hour by hour!!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:55 PM   #5  

If I have been 'good' for a week or so, then all of a sudden, I am just starving. It seems like I have to refeed my body periodically. I try to make the better choices most of the time this happens. But the other night, I overate nachos (lots of calcium though). All you can do is to keep working on the control, and recognize that once in a while, you need to let go a bit.

Hope this helps...
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #6  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I would really recommend you try to get more fiber in your diet. Find a great 100% whole wheat or whole grain bread that has at least 3 grams per seving and eat an apple every day for starters. Beans are also a great source for fiber. I think it is said for women under 50 to try to get to 25 grams a day. I notice a hiuge difference on days when I get plenty of fiber vs. days I don't. It is amazingly very filling.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #7  
love my new muscles!

S/C/G: 231/182/165

Height: 5'7

I eat Natures Own Whitewheat bread. It taste like white but has 5 grams of fiber. You will not notice a difference in taste at all.
Luv_Losing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:36 PM   #8  
Going to be a mommy!

Thanks so much for your responses! I read what you wrote the next day but I wasn't in a place to respond. I have set much smaller goals... I like that idea a lot. For instance, I want to lose 1lb by next weigh-in(sunday).

Thanks again for your quick and thoughtful responses....
Old 11-21-2006, 06:42 PM   #9  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

You guys inspired me to set my first mini-goal. I want to be under the 180 mark by Yule.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:58 PM   #10  
Going to be a mommy!

I did great over Thanksgiving! I didn't over eat! YEAH... I made my goal of a 1lb lose....

I have set another goal of 5lbs in the next two weeks... I know it is a push, but I am confident I can make the goal......

Thanks again for your support!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #11  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

When I am having trouble staying on track, it has helped me to have someone to be accountable to--if I know I have to tell someone everything I ate during the day, I am a lot less likely to eat things I shouldn't. This could be anyone, a friend, your SO, or even just the one of the forums here (for example, the planning thread or the "my battle with peanut butter thread" in the support forum).

Another key strategy for me during times like this is to not have food that I have trouble resisting in the house. I can't eat food that isn't around. In the past, I have thrown out food that I was having trouble resisting. Sometimes just telling myself that if I don't limit my portions, I'm going to have to throw it out is enough to keep me in check. Right now I have some Turtle Chex Mix in the house which is very tempting, but every time I think about eating more than my daily allowance, I remind myself that if I do, I have to throw the rest of it out. This really keeps me from eating it.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Have you tried keeping low calorie/high protein snacks around that are individually packaged? You can end up binging on these to minimize the damage. Lately I have been binging on Fred's Muffins (8 grams protein, 100 calories) and on these crisp 'n crunch protein bars (15 grams protein, 150 calories). I ordered these snacks off the internet. All that protein may help speed up your metabolism (just a theory, not science) because it probably takes a lot of energy to digest. So, I may end up having 4 muffins in one sitting, but at least its only 400 calories. I do this when I'm out of control and I may keep eating more snacks, but at least their healthy and lower in calories than a regular snack. Plus, that they're portioned and individually wrapped helps. Also, you MUST be doing regular work outs, preferably with some weights. You MUST BE CONSISTENT WITH YOUR WORK OUTS for this to have any effect. It will end up speeding up your metabolism and will allow you to have these little healthy binges a few times a week (my binge time is on the weekends). Just keep on trying, don't give up!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #13  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

When I want something SWEET, I reach for fruit. I have even learned a new trick - SAY IT OUT LOUD. Goofy as it may sound, it helps me actually EAT the fruit instead of the donuts or cookies or whatever else they have hanging around the office. So, next time you get a crazy sweet craving, just say "out loud" I WANT AN ORANGE! (or apple, banana, grapefruit, whatever!)

However, I admit this doesn't work for me when I want something salty. Usually, my salt cravings get satisfied only in the form of a monster bowl of popcorn... (hey, nobody's perfect! )
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote