Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Default Nervous about buying popcorn!

Over the last few months, I've considered buying those 100 calorie popcorn bags for a snack. Everytime I've stopped in front of them at the store, I've made the decision not to buy them. This is a result of an experience a few months ago, when -- let's just say that those 100 calorie snacks turned into multiples of 100 calorie snacks. I was eating multiple bags at a time. So, I know it's not a food that I had great control over.

However, some of you have probably seen my "Battle with Peanut Butter" thread in Support. In just six days, being accountable by posting pledges in this forum seems to have allowed me to kick my "eating excess peanut butter from the jar" habit. After this success, I'm considering buying that box of 100 calorie popcorn bags. However, I fear this may be a bit premature. I could start an accountability post about popcorn, but I wonder if maybe I should give the peanut butter thing a few weeks to make sure that habit's been put away for good!

I guess I'll have to think about what I want to do, but I have been thinking about that popcorn quite a bit lately! However, with the support here, my chances of success would surely be much higher than on my own! I'm still amazed at how well posting honor pledges about the peanut butter worked!
Old 11-18-2006, 08:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I looked at sugar free ice cream the other day. I actually calculated how much damage they'd do if I ate the whole box!
I have walked to a convenience store and bought one little bag of popcorn.
Closed Thread