Diet and hair loss?

• Has anyone else noticed as they lose weight that their hair is thinning out? I swear I must have lost 30-40% of my hair in the last several months. good thing it was thick to start with but now it is SO much thinner. I get scared to see several strands come out every time I shower. I pretty much know it's not just breakage, I have long hair and the hairs that come out are long. I'm pretty bummed.
  • I remember seeing a thread about this not long ago, and people mentioned that it's important to make sure you're getting enough protein (I knew that) AND fat (I didn't know that).

You might also try biotin and selenium supplements; my hair has thin spots due in part to lupus, and I have had success with them in the past. Good luck!
  • Here's the link to the thread about hair loss.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96993
  • Durrr...thanks, Athena! I guess I could have thought to provide a link myself, but nooooo....
  • No problem.
  • I'm still losing all of my "extra" hair from pregnancy almost 6 months ago! I have to brush my hair before getting into the shower or my hair will clog the drain after a few days!
  • I don't know how I missed that thread! Thanks all!