What are you thankful for pertaining to your weight?

• Well with Thanksgiving just over a week away, I got to thinking -What am I thankful for? Of course as always, it good health and our families and friends and employment and so on and so on.

But as far as our weight goes - What are you thankful for?

For starters:

I am thankful for that with all my whining about being overweight, that thank G-d I have enough food to eat and am not starving to death and malnourished.

I am thankful for the first time I am taking control of my weight, instead of my weight taking control of me.

I am thankful for the knowledge I have recieved to help me get this weight off.

I am thankful for the support my family gives me.

I am so very thankful for having found 3fc and all the knowledgable and inspiring women (and yes the occasional man) that I have come across.

That's it for now. To be continued.....
  • I am thankful that an external manifestation (weight!) made me pay attention to the damage my lifestyle was doing to my body...the damage that I couldn't see to my colon, heart, blood vessels, etc.

I am thankful that my body responds to changes in my lifestyle, that the damage is not permanent, that I am healthy and mobile and can exercise.

I am thankful that I have food for my children, and clothes and toys for them, and schools for them.
  • I'm Canadian and our Thanksgiving has passed, but I am thankful at this time for finding a website where I feel right at home. I know with the encouragement, recipes and advice I can make a permanent change with regards to health and weight. Thank you 3FC for such a great website.
  • In addition to everything already mentioned, I am thankful that even though I have been over 300 pounds, I have not had any weight-related health issues, and I now have a chance to correct it before any DO develop!
  • I originally posted this in my goal post:

I am really grateful to the following things which helped me to lose weight:

1. I love fruits and vegetables and I don't like sugary soda. I didn't really realize what a huge advantage that was.

2. No binging. Although in my past, I've had some bingey moments, not one incident since I made over my life back in July 2004.

3. I don't crave sweets. This is very weird for me, but all last week there was a huge pile of pastries at the back of the conference room and I honestly wasn't tempted at all. I made it three Halloweens without any candy - this from the person who could eat a bag of Hershey's Kisses! It wasn't that I didn't eat them so much as it is - I didn't WANT them. Not even my beloved PEEPs (that I could eat a box of in one sitting).

4. I like the taste of plain green and black tea.

5. Friends and family for being supportive.

6. Having a refrigerator and a microwave at work, having a little cafeteria downstairs with healthy soup/salad choices for lunch.

7. The funds to eat healthy - this stuff is expensive.

8. Time in my life to plan, shop, make snacks, pack lunches.

9. Doing some physical activity. As much as I don't like exercise, I'm proud of myself every morning I drag myself out of bed to work out at 6.

10. I don't know if it's willpower or what honestly, but whatever is helping me STICK TO THIS. It's been over 2 years, I still feel great, no urge to eat unhealthy foods, no cravings for fast food. I can still say no to candy at work. I have no idea why I'm so successful, but I'm so grateful.
  • I am definitely thankful for 3FC!

And I'm thankful that I had not yet had any real health problems from being obese. I'm thankful that my blood pressure is so great. I'm thankful that I've discovered my addiction to sugar and am strong enough to avoid it.

I guess I'm just thankful overall for finally realizing that I don't have to be fat.
  • We don't celebrate thanksgiving on this side of the pond but I'll join in if I may...

I'm thankful that my mum always drummed into me that "as long as you are happy with your choices it doesn't matter what others think". Be it clothes, your opinions, diet, exercise or whatever. It has kept me strong the past year.

I'm thankful to whatever/whomever lifted the fog in my head and made me realise that I needed to get off my butt and sort out my life. Coasting from day to day is fine but life was ticking by and I was missing it.

I'm thankful that I LOVE healthy food. I can't stand fast food outlets and have never had a burger/fries in my life in any of those places.

Lastly I'm thankful for technology. Its given me the resources to help me achieve my goals and has brought me in contact with this group.

Finn.
  • I am thankful for a doctor that listens.

I am thankful to learn that I really can lose weight (now to the keep it off part).

I am thankful that I have access to exercise that is convenient and inexpensive and that I am physically capable of doing it.

I am thankful that there appear to still be muscles under there.
  • I am thankful for a supportive Hubby!

I am thankful that I can exercise, and that I have the equipment in my home.

I am thankful for kind friends that listen and support me.

I am very thankful for my friends here at 3fc!!! Without the support/knowledge of the people at this site I probably would have starved myself for 2 weeks then binged, and been done. I have learned HOW to eat, WHY I need to exercise and eat healthy and WHEN I need to give myself a break: body, mind, and soul.

Thank you to everyone here for helping me and sharing your personal experiences and advice!!!
  • 1. I am thankful for my supportive husband and children.
    2. I am thankful for the support here at 3FC's.
    3. I am thankful that I lost the weight and have reversed many of my health issues.
    4. I am thankful that my injured ankle is healing and I can exercise again.
    5. I am thankful to look good and feel good in my clothes
    6. I am thankful to be able to just move my body without pain.
    7. I am thankful that my attitude on food and life has changed.
    8. I am thankful that I was given this extra chance to improve the quality and quantity of LIFE.
  • I am thankful that I can lose weight.

I am thankful that I have a great husband that loves me fat or thin.

I am thankful I have 3 healthy normal weight children.

I am thankful for all the supportive people here.

I am thankful that all of the damage I have done to my body is reversable.

I am not thankful for all this loose skin I have, but I am thankful that it is not full of fat anymore and that there are many talented surgeons that can take it off.

Terrie
  • I am thankful for:

* Having the opportunity to have a gym membership.

* Friends/Family that put up with the fact that I have to customize almost every dish when we go out to eat.

* Friends/Family that respect my healthy lifestyle.

* The fact that I LOVE fruits/veggies and have no desire for fast food or processed food.
  • I'm so thankful that I apparently have a "normal" and healthy metabolism, one that apparently works like it should. If I don't abuse my body, then it works correctly. That's how it should be.
    My cousin has thyroid problems and I feel bad for her because she has tried repeatedly to lose weight and gives up.

Oh, and edited to add that I am very happy that I've always loved healthy food. I just always needed to know when to stop at a reasonable portion, no matter what the food is.

Oh yeah, and I am absolutely repulsed by most fast food, and always was, except for KFC and Wendy's chicken sandwiches. You can't get me near a fast food burger. BLECH! LOL
  • In addition to many of the issues mentioned...

I am thankful that I am learning to like exercise, and thankful for a trainer who's helping me get there!