6 November - 6 December - I'm determined this time!

• Ok you guys,
    i've binged and how...was on vacation in China and I ate every possible thing in sight with the exception of healthy foods
    I want to be 1 stone/ 10 kgs/ 22lbs lighter by Christmas Break (and it starts on the 10th of December for me)

So as of tomorrow, 6 November 2006, I plan on:

Staring phase 1 of South beach
    Walk one hour on the treadmill burning at least 400 calories
    Adding in strength training at least twice a week

that should do it - what say???

Anyone wanna start with me and be buddies??
  • yes, although I believed that one stone was 14lbs. I am in with you. The 6th December is y birthday so I am really determined to be at least 7lbs down by then, fingers crossed it will be even more.

I have been running, and buring 1000 calories a day, I figured I should now increase the intensity and go to 1200 calories daily. What do you think?

Is it possible to loose the last stone you need to within 7 weeks?
  • how on earth are you burning 1000 cals/day? I burn 400 odd cals in one hour of cardio.... i do not count the rest of the calories i burn ( by means of walking around, cleaning etc) ... so how much exercise are you doing/day?
    I believe that if you stick with the phase 1 of south beach for at least 3 weeks.... this is doable.... I dropped 6 lbs ( that's approx 3 kgs in just 5 days!
    so.... here goes... i start tomorrow.... how about exchanging menus?
    I live in india...what about you?
    oh - and my name is natasha
  • Im shell and im from the UK.
    I run for 70 minutes a day on my running machine - it claims I am burning 1000 calories a day so I assume it is correct.
    I havent started the south beach, I am just going to try and do it following a home made healthy diet and this exercise.
    Its just 7lbs more before I am within the healthy weight range for my height, but I really am determined to shift this extra stone no matter how long it takes me.
  • you go gurl! I can't run unfortunately.... my ankles are too weak....so i walk at an incline and at a speed that is a very very fast walk.... but in 60 minutes, i only burn 400 odd calories... i asked a trainer and he said that this was perfect... so i'm ok with that.
    I am starting south beach because i am a total carb and fat addict.... so if i gotta drop the fat, i gotta eat well... and if i'm on a "diet" i'll at least try and behave
    anyway, i hope to stay in touch and keep encouraging each other !!