Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default Bought "fat" pants yesterday...

Had to go shopping yesterday... I had to buy "fat" pants. Size 12's. And all my size 10's & a few 8's are in a big transparent container in the attic. Waaah.

Well, gotta look at the bright side I suppose. At least I didn't have to buy 14's (I really thought I would!)

Here's to motivation, eh?
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I wish my fat pants were size 12! That's what size my skinny pants are . You can do it!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

Did you have to buy a larger size because you've been off your diet? I totally commiserate, I've been there many times. The thing that I kicked myself for every time is that a LOT of my weight re-gain was always due to overeating and binge-eating to alleviate the stress of... MY WEIGHT! So you MUST RIGHT NOW learn the art of positive self-talk and NOT LET YOURSELF SPEAK NEGATIVELY to yourself. Accept where you are today. Tell yourself it is OKAY for today. Re-commit yourself to your healthy lifestyle and focus on one day at a time with your healthy lifestyle. The weight WILL come off!
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #4  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Ditto Valrock... I wish my *skinny* pants were size 12.... I don't mean to dismiss your concern, I just thought that was ironic. Don't worry, you'll be out of those 12s in no time if you keep at it. I agree with SlimLindy, don't stress about this number, just accept it and look to the future!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:14 PM   #5  
Wastin' Away Again!

Yeah... I understand! My "skinny pants" are 6's & 8's. My "oh-well-it's-ok-I'll-deal pants" are 10's. My fat pants are 12's & 14's.

I have a couple pair of 14's that fit nicely. But most of my 12's are too tight! And yet, I bought 5 pair last night that were all 12's. So weird. I wish women's clothing were labeled like men's clothing. I just think it'd be easier somehow! This is why I RARELY buy clothes thru mail-order catalogs or on-line. I simply have to try something on before I'll buy it.

I really haven't been motivated for weight loss most of this year. I completely lost what little motivation I did have when the doc told me I probably will have to have surgery on my shoulder (again.... waaaahhhh). I cannot lift weights at all, & I love lifting! I can't even treadmill, because the natural swinging of the arms hurts my shoulder. So ... no exercise. And when I don't exercise, for some reason I just eat badly. You'd think I'd be wise & use that down time to watch my diet extra careful-like.... but NNNnoooOOOoooOooooo! And then of course, me & my doc been tampering with different meds & different dosages to get my depression under control. That kinda makes your body go wonky, too.

So anyway, lots of non-motivation going on with me the past few months. But last night's fat-pants date.... THAT always seems to motivate me! Now I just gotta find some sort of exercise I can do that won't aggravate my shoulder & that will help me burn calories.

Think, think. Think-think-think...
Old 10-26-2006, 01:16 PM   #6  
Mel

Valrock and Futuresurferchick- your skinny pants may be bigger but YOU ARE BOTH TALL WOMEN! My skinny pants may be smaller, but I can't reach my kitchen cabinets. The grass is always greener....

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #7  
Wen I'm thin fat'll be in

S/C/G: 162.8/156.2/143 (pounds)

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Beach Patrol: have you tried pilates? or yoga? these are all low impact exercises... check this with your doc and give it a whirl!
bout your "fat pants" My fat pants are a size 14/16.... thats currently what i'm wearing...my skinny's are 10/12....sigh.... when will i ever bring them out of the back of the closet i'll never know....
Soulmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #8  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmia View Post
Beach Patrol: have you tried pilates? or yoga? these are all low impact exercises... check this with your doc and give it a whirl!
I bought a Yoga for Beginners DVD and a Yoga/Pilates for Dummies DVD... haven't broken them out of the packaging just yet, LOL. Hmmmmm. Maybe TONIGHT is the night to do that...??? But I never considered Yoga or Pilates to be a "fat burning" kind of exercise. Does anyone here use Yoga/Pilates for their main exercise?? (Maybe that's a new thread?)
Old 10-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #9  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I haven't beren a 12 since I was 16! But I am looking forward to being there next year! I am also looking forward to perhaps getting to a size 5 next year to.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #10  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Valrock and Futuresurferchick- your skinny pants may be bigger but YOU ARE BOTH TALL WOMEN! My skinny pants may be smaller, but I can't reach my kitchen cabinets. The grass is always greener....

Mel
Point taken, Mel... I enjoy being tall for sure.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

I can TOTALLY relate Beach Patrol! I did reach my goal but have been
going UP since starting birth control a few months ago!
My appetite has been out of control.

Just keep at it- Good Luck.
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:06 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
I bought a Yoga for Beginners DVD and a Yoga/Pilates for Dummies DVD... haven't broken them out of the packaging just yet, LOL. Hmmmmm. Maybe TONIGHT is the night to do that...??? But I never considered Yoga or Pilates to be a "fat burning" kind of exercise. Does anyone here use Yoga/Pilates for their main exercise?? (Maybe that's a new thread?)
Yoga is an ancient Indian form of exercise that the people of the middle ages used to use to stay fit. It is not only about exercise, they teach you how to breathe and how to get in touch with your self. I did yoga for about 2 years and became much healthier...the side effect was that I dropped 10 kilos ( 22lbs) in a year! It's slow.... but if done correctly, very very effective. Since you say you can't do any other exercises.... this just might be what the doctor ordered!
I haven't tried pilates...there are very few instructors here and they charge the earth so I am sticking to the gym in my apartment complex :-)
Once I drop 22 pounds... I plan on swimming!!! That too is a good exercise.... you could float and just use your legs.... sound out your doctor before you start any exercise though
Old 10-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #13  

Default ooooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovestorun View Post
I can TOTALLY relate Beach Patrol! I did reach my goal but have been
going UP since starting birth control a few months ago!
My appetite has been out of control.

Just keep at it- Good Luck.

SEX!
I was watching Oprah the other day where she did a show on people who have lost way the unconventional way.... and one chicka actually swears by losing weight by having sex!
that might be fun?!
I just got reminded of it when I read Lovestorun's comment on birth control
Old 10-29-2006, 03:06 AM   #14  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I read that post and thought ouch! I wish my fat pants were a 12, mine are 14 (but I am in the UK).
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:21 AM   #15  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by l00py View Post
I read that post and thought ouch! I wish my fat pants were a 12, mine are 14 (but I am in the UK).

i kinda have to agree.... some people's goals are to be a size 10-12 (and by the way l00py you're about a 10 or so over here)

i understand how you feel, but there are a lot of people who would be thrilled to not have to buy "plus sized" clothing, let alone wear a size 12.

I guess it's all about perspective, but at size 12, it could be a lot worse.
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote