Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 05:43 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Planning for Tuesday, Oct. 17

Crashed and burned yesterday--did well until after work when I stopped at the grocery store on my way home for just some turkey sausage and to see if they had the ramen noodles Jeff likes for lunch, and I binged on a box (yes, a whole box) of Fancy Cakes and then ended up getting ice cream at DQ with Jeff after dinner Moving on to a brighter note...

WOOHOO! I got up this morning and did a 30-minute Walk Away the Pounds DVD. I woke up around 4am from a bad dream (that'll teach me to have DQ before bed, right? ), and rather than try to snooze for another hour till my alarm went off, I just got up. I didn't think "walking away the pounds" would be much of a workout since I don't have a problem with walking--I can walk for miles and be okay--but it sure made me sweat!

So now I've had my breakfast here about 5am and plan to spend my day eating something like this:
  • 5am - 5 turkey sausage links w/honey mustard
  • 8:30am - 2 cups spaghetti squash w/Italian turkey sausage and pasta sauce
  • 11:30am - Lean Cuisine 3 cheese chicken meal
  • 2:30pm - yogurt
  • 5:30pm - 2 frozen fish fillets w/side of whole-wheat pasta (2 oz. dry)
I'm sure I will add something to the pasta (maybe some broccoli and honey dijon marinade?), so that will add a few calories and hopefully another veggie. As it is above, I'm at about 1230 calories, already worked out 30 minutes, and will drink at least 3 liters of water.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

yesterday must have been the day to binge, It was so cold here I roasted a turkey, with stuffing and healthy veggies but, I ate way too much of it!! I don't know what came over me but, I got up T 5 with my husband and got right back on track to "lol" Have a great day!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:23 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

We're all entitled to a bad day every now and then. I ate my dinner last night kinds early, couldn't hold out any longer and then I made dinner for my husband, he came home kinda late and so I ate dinner again. Oh well.

Anyway, Jillybean I was wondering how you prepare the spaghetti squash. It's a mystery vegetable to me, but I think I might like it. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday I started out very well. I had cranbery and psyllium (like Ilene suggested), I had a shake for lunch (for the first time in ages, I couldn't even remember where the protein powder was), I had chicken and cooked cabbage for supper and then ... and then ... cheerios, popcorn and beer.
My calorie count was OK but Lawdy! what did I think I was gonna build with those nutrients? muscle? I think not. Probably two punds of acne

So today I'll start out the same and take veggies, tuna, ff cottage cheese and a small bag of cheerios to work this evening.
Upper body weights and walking.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:52 AM   #5  
Fat-be-gone

Jillybean-WTG on the exercise!!!

I did pretty good yesterday, even if I didn't excercise. But I guess I have to step it up as I was not happy what the scale said this morning.

Br: cereal w/ skim milk

Sn: yogurt

Lu: Smart ones-rigatoni w/chicken and broccoli, orange

Sn: oreo thin crisps

Din: spaghetti squash tossed w/chicken, garlic, butter; brown rice, cantaloupe (I am seriously gonna eat this tonite!!!)

water 2 L

Excercise: at least 30 minutes workout dvd
Old 10-17-2006, 08:54 AM   #6  
Fat-be-gone

fed up- check out this thread on how to prepare spaghetti squash

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...aghetti+squash
Old 10-17-2006, 09:03 AM   #7  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Morning .

Breakfast - steel cut oats w/walnuts, granny smith apple, 1% milk

Snack - yoghurt, apple

Lunch - eating out, not sure where

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - leftover tilapia, steamed cabbage, brown rice

Water - 3 liters+

Exercise - 1 hour spinning class.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I don't follow instructions for cooking spaghetti squash--they make it too complicated Everything I read about boiling or steaming makes me wonder how big of a pot or steamer people must have, since these are not tiny squashes! I don't bake them because I just don't have the patience to wait that long. The microwave instructions I read usually say to put the squash in a pan/dish with some water and then cover with plastic wrap...not happening. I microwave the whole squash for 3 minutes, then cut it in half lengthwise (it's too hard if you don't micriwave it first, and I'm not about to try hacking it with a chainsaw ). Then I scoop out the seeds with a spoon and just put the 2 halves back in the microwave skin side down (like 2 big oblong bowls) and nuke for another 10 minutes. Then I use a fork to scrape out the flesh--the end! I've done the pan-of-water and plastic-wrap method before as well (since I didn't know any better), and I tasted absolutely no difference in flavor or texture.

I eat my squash as a spaghetti substitue (though there are lots of other things you can do with it). I just make a big pot of hearty sauce. My latest sauce concoction included:
  • about 1.25 jars of Franceso Rinaldi pasta sauce (the no salt added kind--the .25 was just because I had an opened jar in the fridge )
  • 1 box of frozen chopped spinach microwaved until at least unfrozen, then pureed in the Magic Bullet
  • 4 sweet Italian-style turkey sausages (I used 4 because I knew I had 4 servings of squash, so this made it easiest to calculate calories by averaging 1 sausage per serving)
  • spices and stuff--Mrs. Dash, garlic, frozen chopped onion, onion flakes, a little parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning, oregano, parsley, basil, just a sprinkle of Splenda...
I would have liked to have added some canned (and rinsed) diced tomatoes as well, but I realized too late that I was out. To me, the key is a really good, hearty sauce because the squash doesn't have much flavor to me (personal opinion).
Old 10-17-2006, 10:31 AM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

mmmm you guys make that squash so good - we h ave a movie to take back tonight so maybe I can pick some up there. And sausages and sauce, haha.

I have two plans for today, but I am leaning towards this one:

B- two slices multigran toast with a bit of light butter, turkey deli meat and cheese
S- coffee with skim milk and starbucks vanilla syrup; banana
L- rice (.35 cup), corn/mushrooms/onion (.5 cup), and shrimp(.5 cup) all mixed up with hot sauce
S- celery with cream cheese and salsa (hope thats tastey)
D- subway maybe? we have cupons and it needs to be easy, puppy training tonight
W- 4L
E- already did 30 min on the bike (two mornings in a row, woo)

and maybe I will have a frozen starbucks drink for dessert tonight... we shall see
Old 10-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Well I wimped out on exercise yesterday, my quads are really sore from my workout on Sunday still! Definitely going tonight!

B - Kashi Go Lean Crunch (1 cup) skim milk (1 cup)
s - Didn't have...busy and it's lunch time now!
L - Mr. Sub grilled chicken sub, 6 inch
s - Banana
D - Multigrain pita w/ chicken, veggies and mustard

Workout - 45 min treadmill, 30 min weights
Water - at LEAST 64 oz.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

so im sitting here eating my celery with light herb and garlic cream cheese and salsa... I just wanna say this is awesome and I totally recommend it!!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:42 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Thanks so much for the squash info including the link you sent me to Rosario. It sounds like something that I would like. I am definitely gonna get me some. By the way there is a great website that has fantastic nutritional information on tons of foods - nutritiondata.com - check it out.
Closed Thread