Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #1  

Default My mini-goal

Hi Everyone,

I posting this thread more for myself than for your viewing pleasure

I've been on WW for 5 weeks and have been quite successful. I wonder though, is it too much to want to lose 6 lbs, in the next two weeks??

I've lost 4.2lbs in a week, so I don't think this is unreasonable.

Anyway, I'm setting a mini-goal for myself of a 6 lb. weight loss by October 26th.

Wish me luck!
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Good luck and congrats on your loss so far! WW is a great program and many find success on it.

But I have no idea if your goal is reasonable for you or not. I have found that setting timetables on my weight loss is more frustrating than anything else. Over a short time, you can do everything right and not lose weight -- our bodies just don't always work that way and while we can control what we do, we can't control what the scale says. Weight loss isn't linear. And then, if you don't make the goal, it's easy to get depressed, frustrated, figure this "diet" thing isn't working and give up.

While I love seeing the scale go down, I try to find other ways to measure my progress -- from measurements and sizes (which can go down even if the scale doesn't) to better abilities and other non-scale victories.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #3  

Thank you Wyllenn!

After reading your post, I realize that you are right about this one. I'm going on a trip w/ a couple of my g/fs on Oct. 26th, and I'd love nothing more than to have hit a 20 lb. mark by then.

I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I've been very happy with myself up to this point, so we'll see. I guess it is realistic that I could get there, but it's not necessary.

Are you following WW as well??
Old 10-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/208/165

Height: 5 8"

Good job on your weight loss.
I just wanted to reply to your post because I have set goals like this and have felt terrible when I did not make them. Just this week my goal was to loose 5 lbs and I lost 0 . I worked extra hard and followed my plan. I was heart broken when I got on the scale. Its just too much. From here on I will just do my best each week and hopefully the scale moves in my favor.

Our stats are almost the same. I am also following Weight Watchers. This morining I wanted to quit after not loosing anything. What plan are you following? Core or Flex?

jazzyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Chantal-- It really is tempting to set goals like that, but they are double edged. Just keep doing what you're doing, and enjoy yourself!

I'm not following WW now, but years ago I did. I basically write down everything I eat, count calories and try to eat generally sensibly -- I don't starve myself! And I exercise!!

Congrats on losing 13 -- that's terrific and I bet you feel better already!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #6  

Jazzyrose: Thanks Honestly, since I've re-read my post, I realize that setting a goal of this nature could potentially hurt my progress. I will be happy so long as I'm losing. I am on Flex, I find it easiest and it suits my lifestyle. My aunt is on Core, she just reached the 50 lb. mark on Thursday and she's been following the Core plan for 5 months. She said it's easier for her to follow Core b/c she is so busy and doesn't have time to write everything down. I work in an office that allows me to keep track of everything I'm eating. Are you on Flex or Core? I noticed that your goal is 165, and we are the same height. I wonder if my goal of 150 is too low. I'm thinking I should discuss this with my doctor.

Wyllenn: I just wanted to thank you for putting things into perspective, you are right about setting these types of goals. I don't want to deter myself. You're right though, after losing 14 lbs. I notice a significant difference in myself, I have more energy, my clothes are fitting a "little" loser etc. So far, so good!!