Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-16-2006, 10:46 PM   #1  

Talking can u eat too many vegetables?

can u eat too many vegetables?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i eat about 15 serves of all diffenert veggies each day.... is this at all bad
i have broc cauli ,mushrooms , onion heaps of green beans , brussles, spinich , tomatos i have like 15 diff types and about 100grams of each
some in raw salad and some steamed for dinner????????
smkylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:50 AM   #2  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Wow.. that's a lot of vegetables and one of the most interesting questions I have ever heard! Unfortunately I don't have the answer.. but I'm hoping someone here will know something!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Are you living on just vegetables? Don't get my wrong, vegetables are GREAT - but if you're eating 15 servings of vegetables a day, where are you finding room for all the other wonderful foods you need? Whole grains, lean protein, healthy fats, fruit, low fat dairy (if not a vegan). Vegetables are filling, but don't have a lot of calories - make sure you are eating enough food to be healthy and get all the nutrition you need.

Too much of anything is not a good thing.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:24 AM   #4  

I was going to agree with Glory. I love veggies and eat alot of them, but you do need balance in any diet (pro, minerals, fats, etc) to be healthy. I usually plan my minimums of protein, etc and then plug in enough veggies that I'm not hungry. The only other problem I can think of is the fiber in some veggies in large amounts can reduce absorption of iron and some other minerals. Can you tell us how many calories and what else you are eating? All this said, I can easily eat 3C of salad w/ lots of other veggies for lunch so I am not anti-veggie by any means.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:51 AM   #5  

hey thanks i eat small amount of other foods...... oatmeal , beans , tofy and yoghurt and some bread but mostly veggies ie. BREAKFastats and fruit
MT: veggies and tofu
LUNCH:egg and salad and yogurt
AT:bread and mushrooms
DINNER:veggies and sometimes baked beans
smkylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You aren't eating very much, it seems like you are trying to eat enough vegetables to feel full because you aren't eating enough servings other healthy foods like whole grains (1 serving of oats a day?) and protein. Maybe you need to consult a registered dietician.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote