Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-12-2006, 12:23 AM   #31  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Amber I do know that if your body thinks it is starving, it will also hold onto fat. If i were you get your cals up to 1200 a day. Divide it into 5 small meals a day that will keep your metabolism going, start walking for exercise. If you have trouble eating much, start drinking slimfast shakes. Maybe two a day wouldn't hurt. Then do your chicken and veggies for dinner. Throw in some fruit thru out the day. Have you read her story?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:45 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 180/162/120

Height: 5'7"

I tried doing it like that before, even had a gym membership, my personal trainer told me to eat more and i managed to get up to 1500 a day (which was total **** and i was eating 24/7 to get up that high) I did it like that for about a month and gained 5lbs. I went to the gym 6 days a week and ate as much as i could and since i gained weight it totally defeted the purpose so i stopped and went back to how i know i will lose weight. I have eaten like this for almost 10 years (low cal) and the last 2 years i have been trying to be pretty normal in my eyes, eating around 1000 calories a day and thats how i got 180. I can't eat that much again, i'm sick of gaining weight and having to eat all the time. I don't like eating that much. Today i ate 140 calories, but i'm about to eat a chicken breast so it should be more like 300. I donno i just can't eat more, there is no way i could sit down and eat something thats more than 150 calories, i can't mentally do it or physicaly do it.
AmberNichole1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Amber I am going to spank you! lol I am worried about you and I really wish you would see a doc hun. Your body could start eating itself and / or the muscle at that calorie level. Womens Nutrition Health Guide

Anyhow a few days ago I looked at my average for 7 days and it was 1850. I walk 60 minutes every day and lose 2 - 3 pounds a week.
Jasmine,

I am curious about your walking. I have started walking because I hate exercise and it is the easiest thing for me to do. Plus, I find that it is stress reliever, I don't mind doing it, and I can honestly see myself doing it long term.

So my questions to you -
1 - Do you walk outside or on a treadmill?
2 - If on a treadmill, do you walk at an incline?
3 - How many miles do you typically walk in 60 minutes?
WhitWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #34  

Amber,

Trust me, I understand.

First - I tried the "eat mini-meals" or "eat every 3 hours" routines and I hated it. I have a busy schedule and I cannot snack througout the day. Also, I felt as though I was an animal on some type of feeding schedule.

Second - You really need to do what works for you. I have a Gastrointestinal issue/disorder that has to be controlled by diet, or else I go on medication. I already take a perscription laxative (sorry if that is too much information) and from doctor's orders I am not supposed to eat constantly or eat when I feel as though my food hasn't digested. This site is great, but people should not be giving out medical advice regarding metabolism or anything else. When people tell me to eat more I know that I should not because it messes with my disorder and I refuse to land in the hospital again.

Third - The best thing is to do what feels right. For me, that's no spicy food and 3 medium sized meals throughout the day. Eating tons of mini-meals or 1500-2000 calories will land me BACK in the hospital. People are often overindulging and being greedy and then saying, "I ate so much that I felt sick." Well, I have actually eaten so much, which would likely be considered just above normal, and have BEEN sick.

Fourth - Just be healthy about it and do what feels right.

Seriously, go see a doctor, maybe your body is trying to tell you something. I know that everyone does not have my problem and can eat 1500-2000 calories, and heck, sometimes I WANT to eat more, but I know that I will be in big trouble if I do.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:33 AM   #35  

The link below is to a man's blog detailing his food and exercise. He typically consumed 1400-2000 calories daily, exercised, and maintained a weight of 200+

http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/s...20Journal.aspx
Old 10-12-2006, 06:11 AM   #36  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitWhit View Post
This site is great, but people should not be giving out medical advice regarding metabolism or anything else.

Nobody was giving out medical advice, but the fact of the matter is that 500 calories a day is not healthy for the vast majority of people and it is exceedingly difficult to be getting proper nutrients with that sort of calorie intake. Most people are expressing concern, and their opinion that it would be a good idea to see a doctor for an expert opinion. People can give definitely give their opinion just like you are here giving yours.
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:00 AM   #37  

Thanks WhitWhit, i know it's not normal but thats what i feel good about and what my body is happy with. I get blood tests all the time and they are normal so i'm pretty sure my vitamins are doing their job. Like i said i have tryied doing it normally and i gain weight, my body can't deal with that much food. I agree maybe i should go to a doctor, but right now i really don't have the means too. I have dental and vision insurance, but for us to get health insurance through my husbands work is over $200 a week and we still have to pay $4000 out of pocket before they will cover anything. So right now no doctors for me lol But i feel good, i feel full and eating low cal is what i know and i have been eating like that for 10 years so thats just what my body can handle and is built for i guess. I'm sorry if i can't go to mcdonalds and plosih of a tripple bacon cheeseburger with fries and soda, but i just can't Also another thing that keeps my calories low is i ONLY drink water, i don't like soda or juice so i get no calories from what i drink. Thanks for caring though ladies, you really are sweethearts!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:52 AM   #38  
Enjoying healthy living

Height: 5'9"

I don't count religiously, but, when I've written it down, just to check it, I've hovered between 1500 calories and 1900 calories. I have a thyroid disorder (I'm on synthroid), so I'm careful not to go too low, because that just messes with my metabolism and makes losing weight impossible. I have the best luck keeping my weight off when I lose only a pound or two a week. The biggest factor in the amount of weight I lose is exercise. Especially because I'm over 40!
ThinAgainBeginAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatreallyme View Post
Nobody was giving out medical advice, but the fact of the matter is that 500 calories a day is not healthy for the vast majority of people and it is exceedingly difficult to be getting proper nutrients with that sort of calorie intake. Most people are expressing concern, and their opinion that it would be a good idea to see a doctor for an expert opinion. People can give definitely give their opinion just like you are here giving yours.
Ooooooooh...no need to get testy...lighten up!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #40  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitWhit View Post
Ooooooooh...no need to get testy...lighten up!
i'm not the one being accusatory of everyone in this thread
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberNichole1983 View Post
Thanks WhitWhit, i know it's not normal but thats what i feel good about and what my body is happy with. I get blood tests all the time and they are normal so i'm pretty sure my vitamins are doing their job. Like i said i have tryied doing it normally and i gain weight, my body can't deal with that much food. I agree maybe i should go to a doctor, but right now i really don't have the means too. I have dental and vision insurance, but for us to get health insurance through my husbands work is over $200 a week and we still have to pay $4000 out of pocket before they will cover anything. So right now no doctors for me lol But i feel good, i feel full and eating low cal is what i know and i have been eating like that for 10 years so thats just what my body can handle and is built for i guess. I'm sorry if i can't go to mcdonalds and plosih of a tripple bacon cheeseburger with fries and soda, but i just can't Also another thing that keeps my calories low is i ONLY drink water, i don't like soda or juice so i get no calories from what i drink. Thanks for caring though ladies, you really are sweethearts!
If that's the message you got out of my comments, then I need some lessons in communication. There's a big difference between 500 calories a day and 1600 calories in one meal.

No body over 2 years old is built for 500 calories for an extended time. I know some doctors prescribe a very low calorie liquid diet for the very obese, but even that's not sustained. I don't know how old you are, but watch out for osteoporosis (which wouldn't show up in a blood test). Not sure what other health issues might result from chronic malnutrition except heart problems such as those experienced by anorexics. But, good luck with your plan.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:28 PM   #42  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberNichole1983 View Post
But i feel good, i feel full and eating low cal is what i know and i have been eating like that for 10 years so thats just what my body can handle and is built for i guess.
I just checked out your LiveJornal post of your "before & after" photos posted today. After looking at the one on the right, I seriously am scared to think you see yourself as needing to lose 50 pounds. And calling yourself a fat cow is just cruel and vastly untrue.

And looking a bit further down at your collection of photos of extremely skinny girls (under "Lost 2lbs" on 10/11)... well, speaking as someone who had an eating disorder herself, I honestly don't think most of those women have healthy bodies. Truly, most appear anorexic.

Your body, your life, but I am worried that you are on track to become very ill if you aspire to that level of appearance.

With your routinely eating 100 calories a day per your journal, you are running a high risk of illness, vitamins on the side regardless! Your body will get protein from your muscles, including your heart, and that is so, so dangerous.
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:04 PM   #43  
mom2cole

Ambernicole, I just checked out your website and your before and after pictures. I think you need to get a new scale because there is NO WAY you weighed 180lbs to start with, I weigh 152 right now and you look a heck of a lot skinnier in the 180 picture than I do at 152. You do need to get some help, you are not losing the weight like you want to because you are not giving your body the fuel it needs to burn fat/calories. It is holding on to every shred of food you feed yourself because it is starving to death!
mom2cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:53 AM   #44  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

I'm going to have to agree with pretyt much everyone else here. I looked at your webpage, and read through some of your posts on there. You are absolutely not in a mindframe where you're wanting to lose weight healthily and I think that you know that. Your posts on your website are all about restricting yourself, testing yourself, fasting, etc. This isn't healthy. You said that you've had an ED in the past, and I think that you need to get some professional help. I know you said that insurance isn't something you can afford right now, but there are supprt groups you can go to, and there are people you can talk to. You have 2 kids - and from what I've read on your site you've come through a lot, and the fact that you're where you are is pretty amazing. You may think you can live a normal life with an ED, but what happens when your daughter starts emulating you, or you end up sick in the hospital and can't look after them? I'm sorry if I sound kind of harsh, but after reading your website, I think that you need help.
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:21 AM   #45  

ok i know that eating under 500 isn't healthy, but thats the only way i can lose weight. I ate pretty normal and that got me up to 180 and i can't get that high again, i wont. I don't think i have an eating disorder right now though, i could eat 800 calories, but i would feel sick and i wouldn't lose any weight. My kids see me eat all the time so i doubt it's affecting them in anyway. I do eat many times a day it's just really low calorie stuff. 2 years ago i was 110lbs and i want to be there again, i feel like i'm trapped in this body thats not mine and i don't want to be in it anymore.