Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #1  
Enjoy the day!

Default Hi all.. little advice..?

Hello all. I have been hanging around here still reading posts but have gotten out of visiting every day like I used to and stopped posting all together because I felt I didn't have anything to offer. I think I'm in a slump. I was doing so well, and 2 weeks ago I was SO happy because my doctors office clocked me at losing 30 lbs in 3 months since my last visit. And the doc said she was so impressed and that it MUST have brough my cholesterol down etc etc.. so I am feeling good and I go home and what do I do? I eat. I stopped Curves for 2 whole weeks.. started back up again this week. But I had excuses, school started, I had a small vaca from work etc.. I figured I deserved it and it was ok. Which I'm sure it would have been, had I not eaten everything in sight for those 2 weeks. I have not weighed so have no idea if I gained or what. I don't plan on weighing for at least a couple more weeks. But the point is, I seemed to have gotten lazy again for those couple of weeks. And I'm scared because that is what ALWAYS happens. Luckily my friend at work goes to Curves w/me and she helps motivate me.. otherwise I probably wouldn't go at all. I am still eating fairly well.. but have not had much money lately either so cheaper food is bad for you. Oh and no money for new clothes.. my clothes are so baggy.. could I subconciously be trying to stall so I don't have to buy new clothes? Sigh. Ok rambling. I have many excuses. How do you pull yourself out of it? Lazy is easy. I like easy... easy is good. What happened to my GO GET EM attitude I had for the last 3 months. I was so motivated it was annoying Now I'm so unmotivated I feel like a sloth.
Brendalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

The hardest thing for me was sustainable motivation. I was great at short term, but it would always peter out and I would revert to unhealthy habits. Figure out what about your plan is hard to stick to - too much working out? food unsatisfying? Make small tweaks to keep it doable for the long term. Really really look hard at those feelings of "deserving things" I used to "deserve" all kinds of things, mainly food as rewards. I had to break that thinking completely.

As far as clothes shopping, there are usually good deals at Goodwill and consignment stores. Just a couple of pairs of pants that fit can make a big difference. I tended to wear my clothes until they nearly fell off before I bought new sizes, saved me a fortune. I LIKED feeling them all big, heh
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #3  
Enjoying healthy living

Height: 5'9"

That is so true, I fall into that trap of 'deserving' especially, after a hard day at work, feeling like I 'deserve' a big, fat-filled dinner, or more wine, etc. That is how I ended up gaining the weight. From now on, I deserve to be healthy and thin.

ThinAgainBeginAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #4  

Wow this is me. I do so well in the short term and then spiral down. I am spiraling right now. I too fall into that deserve it mentality. Thanks for the insight here. I like for now on I deserve to be thin, fit and healthy!!!!!
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

First off, I'd say don't obsess over 2 weeks off the diet. You're not going to gain back 30 pounds in 2 weeks. So? You took a break, veered off course for a moment. But you're back on track now and that's what matters, right? Worrying about those 2 weeks could ultimately lead to 2 more weeks. So drop the worry.

Secondly, like was said, purchase just enough clothes to get you through to another loss. Perhaps focus on elastic and drawstring clothing too. They last through more sizes.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:55 AM   #6  
Enjoy the day!

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:43 AM   #7  
Enjoying healthy living

Good morning, just checking in on ya. Are you feeling better today? Hoping you are back on track. One thing that I notice helps me when I've dieted in the past and have gone off-track is, get back on that scale, no matter what you think it probably says, it's usually not nearly as bad as you think. And, after you assess the 'damage', (so what if it's a few pounds) you can then move that number in the right direction.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:44 AM   #8  
Enjoy the day!

Well.. I'm starting to feel better and get back on track. I was forced to weigh in at Curves last night because of a 10 pound challenge they are doing And I did lose 1lb during the course of this week...can you believe it? Probably I just went to the bathroom before that LOL But at least I didn't gain! Thanks for the support!

*p.s. I'm heading to Good Will today to grab a couple pairs of pants.. hoping that I can at least go down a size! Wish me luck

*Edit again... one more thing.. I have lost 30lbs in the last 3 months and no one has said a word. I think that was the other thing that got to me. I was hoping after losing that much someone would say I looked like I was losing or something??? But no one has. So I decided clearly I need to lose a lot more than that to get someone to notice and I am not going to worry about it.

Last edited by Brendalee; 09-16-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:39 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Very soon it will become noticeable to people. No one seemed to notice that I had lost any weight until just recently. Now all of a sudden people who don't really know me have been coming up and telling me how different I look. The real weird part is, I know I no longer struggle to squeeze into a size 18 jeans, I know I am wearing an 8 now, but, I still feel like I look more like the size 18 person. I think I just got used to me the way I was and still hold on to that picture in my mind, LOL

Goodwill is an excellent place to find things. Plan to spend a fair amount of time there searching those racks as nothing is by size or style. I went last week and bought 2 more pairs of jeans. And the great thing is, the jeans were almost brand new condition. Probably another person like me who bought the jeans too small (I used to do this alot) and then discovered they weren't comfy
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:20 PM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Other threads here have discussed the fact that people don't bring up a weight loss...not because they don't notice, but because they're afraid of saying the wrong thing. They don't know how you'll react, so they don't say anything, even if they do notice you've lost.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:48 AM   #11  
Enjoying healthy living

LOL Reminds me of the LAST time I lost weight, we were at a family picnic and I was playing catch with the kids, and later my husband told me what my brother said to him: 'She looks great, but don't tell her, she'll get a big head' !!!!! Of course my husband told me, and I laughed. Some people are pretty tight with compliments I guess. He thought that saying something nice to me after I struggled to lose 35 lbs would give me a 'big head'??
Old 09-17-2006, 08:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Even though I only had a little over 30 pounds to lose, no one really said anything/noticed until after I had lost 20 of those. Interestingly, though, it's been more uncomfortable for me since people started making comments.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #13  
Enjoy the day!

Hmm interesting.. I guess the point is they may notice but they just aren't saying anything. That makes me feel a little better.