Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #1  
girlsrul

Default Laughing instead of crying

Actually I really wanted to title this piece " Homicidal Thoughts By A Hungry Woman", but something in me told me that it was probably was not the most appropriate choice.
Today I went to a wedding shower for my cousin. I had a piece of eggbake and some fruit, not too bad. Being that this was a brunch (2 meals), I got up and got some more friut. Better choice then more egg bake. My uncle, who is a LITTLE outspoken, sits down next to me and said "God, your eating again, how much do you need?" Now mind you I have small portions because I do have a bigger purpose in mind then stuffing my face, but I was hungry.
It's hard enough eating around my family, because they are smaller built and I'm not. Not only are they thin but they are all typical height and I'm 5'11.
Have you heard of that genetic fairy, she has a very funny sense of humor. I'm not complaing about my height, I'd rather be taller then shorter. Let's just say in family pictures, I look very out of place, hope I didn't get switched at birth.
*************That was the crying part****************

***********Laughing Part**************

My response was " Just enough to make me choke and I can pass out. That way I don't have to listen to you."

God forgive me.
girlsrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #2  
No description available.

Loved your response! Better to make jokes, than to be a joke, like your uncle is.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:49 PM   #3  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Good for you! I always have a hard time quickly coming up with something witty in such situations (I think of a real zinger about an hour later). People who are so insensitive to others' feelings usually have major problems of their own and feel better about themselves if they can put someone else down.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:08 PM   #4  
I restore Teeth.

dude, I wish I were THAT clever. [pats your back] JOb well done!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:49 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Great job at putting him in his place.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:32 PM   #6  
Melting Butter

I love it when chicks like yourself can come up with those smart a*s replies on the spur of the moment!

And good job on sticking to the fruit...eggs and anything with eggs in it is my WEAKNESS....I swear I would have ate the whole egg bake if I was there.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:28 AM   #7  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Awesome response. I wish I was that ballsy!
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote