Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2006, 09:02 AM   #1  
Fat-be-gone

Default Planning for Thursday August 17th

Br: kashi and milk
Lu: ham, cream cheese, spinach wrap; yogurt
Di: rice, black beans, chicken w/onions and red peppers (I have been saying I'm going to eat this for like 3 days already and I have yet to cook it!!!)

Excercise: not sure....
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #2  

Here it is...

B: 6oz low cal. yogurt, 1 med banana (200cal)

L: Lean Cuisine low carb chicken w. green beans (140cal) and small mixed greens salad w. mush, peas w. ff dressing on side (75cal)

S: 1 sm plum, 1 piece light sargento string cheese, 8 almonds (175cal)

D: healthy choice vegie soup (200cal)

S: oatmeal w/ fruit and egg beaters (200cal)

Workout: Teach 1hr yoga class tonight
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

B - SPICY() rice noodles
Water

L - Forgot my banana and yogie so getting it at the caf.
1/4 cup brown rice with roasted veggies

S - 1 salad wrap - no boca ()

D - 1/4 cup white rice with various veggies.

Exercise: 1 hour at the gym walking 3 miles and jogging 1 mile.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Stuck to it yesterday, so today is my last day of this plan cycle--I eat whatever I want for the next 3 days, then begin the next cycle. I'm down another pound as of this morning, as well, so things are still going well.

As for today:
  • 3 scrambled eggs w/shredded nacho cheese
  • sliced ham and pineapple chunks
  • egg salad (2 eggs) w/ff mayo, light Miracle Whip, and mustard
  • 2 turkey burger patties w/ff mayo and bbq sauce
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:23 AM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I am here, did okay yesterday - higher in calories then I wanted... but okay

B- 1 cup skim milk, 1.25 cup rice krispies
S- coffee with milk and sugar
L- .5 cup rice, .5 cup corn/mushrooms/red and green pepper/onion, shrimp, all mixed around with some hot sauce
S- 4 baby dill pickles
D- I think we are going to the pub... a floating pub! I have been told it is the only one in Canada and maybe even north amercia... not sure, but its good!
http://www.dinghydockpub.com/modules.php?name=menu
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #6  
Fat-be-gone

Jillybean-If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me what type of plan you are on???
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
Jillybean-If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me what type of plan you are on???
Well, in a moment of weakness.desperation about a year ago, I fell victim to one of those "lose up to 15 pounds in 2 weeks" or whatever kind of advertisements online. It was for the "Idiot-Proof Diet," so you can tell even by the name it's pretty gimmicky. You have to pay for access to the site (it had to be pretty cheap or else I wouldn't have done it ), and it gives you a bunch of different food options, and from each group of 3 or 4 meals, you pick your favorite. Then it creates menus for you based on the foods you picked. You follow the menus for 11 days (it gives you 4 meals per day, and you can eat the meals in any order throughout the day), then go off the plan for 3 days and eat whatever you want, then go back on for 11 days, off for 3...

The down side is that it gets repetetive. My meals this time around are basically just eggs (sometimes egg salad), ham w/pineapple, hotdogs, lean ground turkey (I vary this by eating turkey sausage, turkey burgers, or ground turkey on a salad), chicken, mixed nuts, and occasionally fruit salad. You can see by the meals that it's basically a low-carb plan (with the exception of fruits and veggies), although I did have 2 days during this 11-day cycle that included pasta with a meal. I think I ended up eating ham as a meal on more than half of these 11 days

I don't remember all the other specific guidelines, but I also don't follow it completely perfectly--I do add things sometimes (ketchup, tartar sauce with fish--which it says is a nono--mashed cauliflower as a side with chicken instead of just chicken, cheese added to a lot of things...). I also make sure to drink LOTS of water since things like ham and hotdogs are pretty high in sodium. It stresses to eat until you are satisfied, not full, and I have noticed it takes less food now to fill me up, which is good.

I am by NO MEANS advocating this plan. You can very easily come up with your own strict menus that incorporate only good carbs for free. I just got to a point where I was so far off track and was having so much trouble getting refocused that I needed something that said, "eat this, this, and this today," since I clearly could no longer make good choices on my own. Even things like South Beach were not restrictive enough--I didn't need guidelines; I needed someone to think for me, and since I had already paid for these menus last year, I just took them out instead of making my own or looking into something like eDiets.

So I've lost about 10 pounds in my first 10 days on the plan. I know I won't lose as much next time around because I'm sure I've lost a lot of water weight having just started this plan again after months of crappy eating. Oh, also, I think the 3 days of "eat whatever you want" are meant to add a touch of calorie cycling to the plan--I'm sure they assume you'll go crazy and eat way too much on those 3 days, so you're calories will be higher than when you are on the plan. Then again, I had over 2300 one day during the plan because I ate almost an entire can of mixed nuts (one of my meals for that day).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Thursday:

B: Coffee
S: WW Bagel with LF CC
L: FF Turkey Sand with WW Bread and LF Cheese
S: Apple
D: Grilled Tilapia with some sort of veggie...
DE: None, skipping it today

WO: Run
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #9  

I had a change of plans for lunch...

L: Instead of the crappy lean cuisine meal I had 8 pieces (1 whole roll) of suhi roll (4 pieces were tuna and cucumber and the other 4 were salmon and avacato) with brown rice. I picked off most of the brown rice. I still had my little mini side salad... I hoping that my roll had a total of 250cal and not more but it probably did
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

if you picked off most of the rice, im sure it was no more then 250
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #11  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

yogachick - that sushi sounds pretty low in calories, esp. if you picked of the rice.

I had to attend a business function yesterday so I was way off plan. Even had a piece of cake (cheesecake, even!) in the afternoon. But it was the first day off plan day in quite a while, so I guess it was okay. I was on plan for breakfast and dinner at least and I did get my butt out of bed at 4:30 AM so that I could get my exercise in. That has to count for something.

Today I am back on plan for the entire day!
B - Flax Plus cereal with soy milk and blueberries
S - Decaf coffee with equal and half and half (I was at another business function this morning but stayed away from the breakfast pastries-yay!)
L - tuna with hummus, eggplant, red pepper, tomato, and cucumber on 1/2 pita with Crispy Okra Raita and a pluot.
S - granola bars
S- yogurt with wheat germ and mango
D - Beef, rice, and okra casserole with a green salad
S - Low cal mocha mousse

Exercise: one hour cardio (combo of elliptical, stair machine, and treadmill) plus 15 min abs

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote