Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2006, 09:34 AM   #1  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Default Ack! Vacation time!

Next week we're heading to Hershey and Lancaster, PA. My big concern is going over while we're at one of the amusement parks. Anyone have info or advice on better choices I could make? I'm doing WW Points and taking all my books and slider with me. We're also taking some prepackaged snacks and fruit from home.

Thanks in advance!
TribeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:54 AM   #2  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I don't know if you're like me where you can have a bite or a sample and be done with it or whether that's a trigger food for you. If it's a trigger food, keep your snacks handy so you have something to chew on while everyone else is gorging themselves on candy. If it's not, and you can control your portions, then take samples of what's offered or if it's too big, break into your sample size piece and throw the rest.

Make sure you get a lot of walking done, which is quite easy at a fairly large amusement park.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #3  
You can do it!

S/C/G: 314.4/302/150

Height: 5' 7"

My mom & I were on WW when we went to Disney World. Let me just tell you, it's not easy to stay on the points, while there. Yes, the walking helps, and we'd always get in the pool and move around some more once thre crowds died down a bit (dinner time, after 11). Definately take your snacks with you. When you eat out get grilled items, typically we had grilled chix. sand (no mayo) or some sort of salad while my DH and bro were noshing on burgers/fried chix. & fries. Also, water, water, and more water. I think I actually ate less because I got in so much extra water, of course I often ate more points at dinner because of the large meals. And I agree with sticking to the sample sizes of things.

One thing I didn't try but will the next time I go on vacation is to ask for half portions, they can box the other half for you, and if you choose to keep it, you can put it in the in room fridge if there is one.

Good luck and have a fabulous time!
Kat311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I had two weeks of vacation and I was worried about the exact same thing. Basically I ate well when I could (and applauded myself for it), forgave myself when there was something I wanted that I would consider a treat (it is a vacation). Drink lots of water. Bring snacks (but save room in case you do decide to vacation a little). Walk your butt off. Concentrate on having fun! I consider it a personal NSV when I order just the burger and no fries, or a smaller meal of the one I would normally eat. Those count too. For the record, I didn't gain but I didn't lose. That's a success too.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

BTW, I went to Hershey Park last April! There is LOTS of hilly walking (my feet were recovering at the time..not the best timing). The food being expensive helped me from ordering too much. (LOL). Go to Chocolate World (next to the amusement park) and do the 3D movie (cost a little) and the free tour (not a tour of a real factory but a simulation..but it was recently updated and very cool). I didn't know they had a museum there. I would have enjoyed going there too.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote