Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

I always have to have a big bottle of water with me...and when I go out to eat it's always water. Can't get enough of it. I drink at least 2 liters a day, so in that case, my oral fixation is a GOOD thing for once!
AmberKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #17  
searching 4 the real me

I just can't give up my grilled chicken breasts. Diet or no diet.
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Over a year ago, I chose my low-carb lifestyle as my new choice. Previously I had always tried low-fat plans. This time, even though I eat low-carb, I still couldn't bring myself to eat high fat. I think it is a good thing. I also held fast to my previous experiences that fruit and whole grains were healthy and ate them all the way along on my weight loss journey. This didn't hurt my weight loss at all. I just couldn't get in the mindset that a diet high in fat and without hardly any fruit was better for me. Who knows, I may have lost the weight faster if I went strictly by the book, but I had to eat the way that I felt was healthy and acceptable for me for life. I also feel so lazy if I don't get in at least a 1 mile walk if not more every day.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #19  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle
Who knows, I may have lost the weight faster if I went strictly by the book, but I had to eat the way that I felt was healthy and acceptable for me for life.
Exactly. You do what works for you and YOU GO! Wow, you've lost a terrific amount of weight. I'm proud of you and I don't even know you

It feels good to hear someone say that. Over the weekend we went to a BBQ out to a relatives house. We only see some of these people maybe 2 or 3 times a year. And one of the women I haven't seen in a while came up to me and said, "Girl, you get skinnier every time I see you."

At first I was thinking, oh no, this is going to be where she says, "stop losing so much weight, you're too thin!" But right after she said I looked "skinnier" every time she saw me, she added, "you've lost so much weight and I'm so proud of you, you look fantastic!"

That was great
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:57 PM   #20  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks so much LLV. I appreciate it. Those compliments are the best. WTG. I hate it when someone says that I lost too much. I know I am healthy now and refuse to second guess myself.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #21  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Whatddya mean "gone off their diet"? I'm in this for life.

In the past, I switched to diet sodas and when I stopped dieting, I found I stuck with the diet sodas. This time though, I switched to water in stages. I will still drink a diet soda, or tea, but they're getting rarer and rarer. And sometimes, I crave water. It's like soda or tea just won't quench my thirst and I have to have water.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:11 AM   #22  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpal
Logging on to 3FC is a habit I can't quit!:
I'm with you on that one--this forum is very addictive!

I never drink beverages with calories unless they also have alcohol, even when I am off plan. It's such an easy thing to do, I figure why not stick to it.

I always hold the mayo, oil, and cheese on any sandwiches. That right there can easily be 200 calories and I don't really miss it. I thought I would miss cheese, but most of the time you can barely taste it anyway. Why eat calories you can't taste?

I try to make healthy choices. I'll get the turkey sandwich instead of the italian sub, the garden burger instead of beef. If offered a side of fruit or french fries, I'll take the fruit. But this does not always mean foregoing dessert if it is offered.

I also will do whatever I can to get at least half an hour of exercise in per day. When I'm on vacation, I now sometimes find myself getting up earlier than I do when I'm not on vacation, just so I can get my half an hour in before we start our day ('cause I know I'm sure not gonna want to do it at the end of the day). At the last business conference I attended, I was up every day at 5:00 AM (I normally get up around 8:00 AM), so that I could get down to the gym and get 45 min to an hour of cardio in. I have arrived late to local conferences so that I wouldn't have to miss my workout in the morning. I have one coming up later this month and gosh darn it if it isn't on a boat so I can't be late--if I'm late, I miss the boat (ha ha). Since I'm speaking at it, missing the boat would be a big problem. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll get my workout in, shower, get ready (gotta look polished and professional) and not miss the boat! Maybe if I get to the gym at 5 AM when it opens...

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:40 AM   #23  
Melting Butter

Even when I do pig out...I make better choices about what I'm pigging out on.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:34 AM   #24  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

healthyme, I really love your avatar. Made me giggle.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #25  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Even if I'm eating like a horse, I'll never give up my kickboxing!

I ALWAYS drink diet soda, even with a HUGE pastry!

I never go into "doubles" - 2 packets of crisps or 2 chocolate bars are a no-no! I'll eat something else, but 2 mars bars would just be piggly!

I had a bag of fries the other day and I wanted to eat them with cottage cheese! I did, but I had a whole tub!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Aww, tsk tsk tsk! I've learned from experience that people don't wanna hear that, lol.

Someone told me once, a long time ago, "Police your own food, not everyone else's."

I keep my mouth shut
I know it's bad. I'm learning to shut my mouth. I usually tend to let my tongue slip around family and some friends. They usually just laugh or tell me "but it still tastes good." They know I'm not be snobbish or anything. They just let in one ear and out the other.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I still drink diet soda, make sure I get plenty of water and I guess I've permently given up some of the junkier treats. They don't seem as tasty as I remember before losing the weight-things like pop-tarts, ding-dongs, ho-ho's, Cadfields (sp?) chocolate things (more at Easter). I've become a snob and only will eat really good chocolate, especially dark chocolate. And less sweet desserts-which isn't so good because I tend to gravitate towards the more fatty ones-cheesecake anyone?

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:55 PM   #28  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I used to love Nestea. Today was out at lunch and rather than a diet, got tea instead. But they didn't have REAL tea...just Nestea. OMG! It was like turning the sugar bag up and just taking a big gulp. YUCK!
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote