Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2006, 11:24 AM   #76  
mostly harmless

10 lbs in 5 weeks is good! I'm doing good if I drop a pound a week these days.

I had to eat more this weekend, too. My body was demanding it. I ate between 1700 and 2000 calories per day. Usually I'm fine on 1400, but I needed the extra this time, I don't know why.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Thanks Maria

Thanks, Maria--I hope I can be losin 2 lbs a week for a while--it will keep me motivated. I know it is supposed to be better to lose really slow but I need to encouragement since I let my weight go so high!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:51 AM   #78  

Default Day 37

Okay--again a not so good day--I stopped at 2300. I think I am dealing with some PMS craving=I need to go back to my intuitive stuff--remember eat slowly and mindfully, enjoy the food. I am dealing with a lot of feelings--stress and sadness about my lfe and it makes it hard--I realize I am trying to manage these feelings with food--boy how hard that makes it. I am going to breathe and write down what I would like tea eat tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #79  

Default Day 39

Oops--I forgot to post yesterday. It was a good day--I stuck to what I had planned to eat in Fitday and went swimming. In the evening I was hungry after dinner but I know I had enough so I brushed my teeth and put in the night guard and that was that.

I am still pretty stressed and freaked out but I know that food will not help!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #80  
mostly harmless

Nope, food doesn't help stress, it just adds to it when you realize what you are doing to yourself.

Actually, though, aren't carbohydrates considered almost tranquilizers? I can't remember where I read that, though, it was a long time ago. Maybe you do get some benefit from a bit of carbohydrates when you are stressed out? Perhaps trying to use food as stress relief is actually a kind of primitive self-medication? Perhaps people who use too much food that way are food abusers?

I think I read that in a novel.... so I can't be sure if it's real or not. I'll go google and see if I can find any info on that.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:38 AM   #81  

Default Food and stress

I think good does help in the short run--I always feel temporarily better when I eat it satisfies a primitive urge like you say. But what I mean by it doesnt help is that it is a temporary quick fix that actually makes the problems worse by making me fat! That is what I mean by food doesnt help. It is, in a way, like drugs.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #82  
mostly harmless

Here's an article that explains about carbohydrates and how they affect serotonin levels. http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2004/carbs.html I'm also seeing lots of articles about magnesium acting as a good anti-stress nutrient as well.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #83  

Default Day 42

I think it is day 42--right?

Anyway had a monster day of cleaning--we bug bombed the place which means taking a lot of stuff out of the house. then we cleaned the house when we came in--I vacummed the top of the cupboard and then wiped them down inside and out plus wiping down most of the surfaces in the house and dusting and vacumming. then brining everything in and arranging it. Whew! the house is looking better, still needs work but progress. Next friday is the big bedroom scrubbing we have scheduled.

Food went okay so far today--yesteday I was over by 400--partly by mistake and partly didnt care.

Thanks for the info, Maria--I already take 1000mg of magnesium per day--it helps me stay regular.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:31 PM   #84  

Default Day 43

Himm--drinking tons of water seems to be working. I feel the tom bloat a little but not as much as usual. I am drinking four 32 oz containers of water a day and I feel a little thirsty if I dont do that. I usually also have several teas and some supplemental water and maybe a diet soday too.

Rest today --I like getting all my exercise done during the week and then resting on the weekend it feels like a treat.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #85  

Default Day 44

Severe cramps and fatigue today--will be taking a break from exercise etc. Will watch the food tho--it is so tempting to just chow down!!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #86  

Default Day 45 and 46

Woops--yesterday was a bingy day--it was kinda good in a way because I got full really easily and so did not eat as much as I might have. Anyway back on track today--will exercise etc. The last few days no exercise either--I wont let it be a habit--just had a radical period. Anyway to keep up with my goals I only need to be down 1 lb by monday which should be doable.

Back on track!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:28 PM   #87  

Default Day 47

Whew! time flies when you are having fun or working towards goals.

I'd say on the whole things are going well. I am eating less and more mindfully, exercising more and have lost 10 lbs. So far this week I walked 30 minutes yesterday and swam 30 minutes today. I was pretty crampy on mon and tues so no exercise.

I think to do better I need to keep to my plan each day as to what I eat and keep the mindfulness thing going. Also keep up the exercise, tho that is kinda getting weird since I have knee problems and today my arm was hurting before swimming but now it kinda hurts. I just iced it. Sigh!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:48 PM   #88  

Default Day 48

good day--went swimming--so far this week two days swimming one day walking--half hour each. My arms hurt a little but not too bad-I dont think i am injured.

Followed the eating today--had a little overeating episode last night but back on track today--must remember to do night guard when I am finished eating for the day--otherwise it gets weird.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:33 AM   #89  

Default Day 48

Okay--last night went well--I ended up going to the movies at 3 and I have my cookies and tea before I left. I went to the movies and had a diet coke--thats it. Thought about having popcorn but decided not to--should look it up tho--I might want some as a treat sometime. then I came home and it was late--but I was hungry so I had my peanut butter sandwich. I almost didnt--thought about drinking a lot of water and not eating but just went for it. Today I hve a good food day planned with stir fry--my fave! Will probably rest today--maybe check out the exercise dvd or do a small walk.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #90  

Default Day 50!!!

Wow--I am really sticking to things--still keeping track of food, trying to eat slower, exercise etc. My weight has not really budge the last few weeks--which kinda makes sense since the first 10 lbs came off so quick.

all is well--I have nothing much to report except a craving for pizza which I will probably have on tuesday!