Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #1  

Default How much do you gain at TOM?

Ladies, I am just curious how much you guys gain at your time of the month and if it comes off again relatively quickly.
I have come to the realization that if I stay the same that week then I've done a heck of a job!
And if I do gain (usually around 3-4 pounds) then I seem to lose it very fast.... sometimes.
I realize that it is probably water weight but still it is very discouraging to see the scale moving in the wrong direction.
Being a woman is annoying! Well... when you are trying to lose weight anyway .

-D.
Delilah*21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Its my TOM now, Im weighing a few pounds heavier than I would be if it wasnt TOM. It is so irritating, I could easily manage life without it. Still, least the weight does move off quickly.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I agree seeing the scale move up even when we know it is due to TOM is not very encourging. I like you though know that if I stayed the same the next weigh-in is going to be awesome. If though I due gain it is anywhere from 2-4 pounds and is gone by a few days after TOM takes a hike. All's I can say is be prepared for a little discourgement each month and hopefully soon it won't bug you because you will know to be ready for it. P.S. I usually don't even weigh myself anymore the week of my period!
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #4  

I am currently living in PMS **** right now. I should start tomorrow and I have a terrible problem with bloating. I do not weigh myself but I know that I bloat up light a ballon b/c how my clothes fit.

It is so depressing feeling like this! I know that it should pass by next week, but I do feel sorry for those around me since I get in a very foul mood. I would est. that I gain 5-7lbs of water weight. I have thought about trying water pills but someone told me when they did it they got a nasty UTI. Has anyone else expierenced this side effect???
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogachick30 View Post
I am currently living in PMS **** right now. I should start tomorrow and I have a terrible problem with bloating. I do not weigh myself but I know that I bloat up light a ballon b/c how my clothes fit.

It is so depressing feeling like this! I know that it should pass by next week, but I do feel sorry for those around me since I get in a very foul mood. I would est. that I gain 5-7lbs of water weight. I have thought about trying water pills but someone told me when they did it they got a nasty UTI. Has anyone else expierenced this side effect???

mmmm midol I tried it last month for the first time and it de-b*tched me!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I usually cycle about 2 lbs around TTOM but it makes my eating so bad so it may be more...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #7  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I gain about 2 -3 lbs. For me, I've found that the bloating decreases when I've been eating clean. Anything chipsy or fatty and I bloat UP plus I don't lose all the weight I gain () so I try to incorporate salads as much as possible the week before as my appetite goes through the roof. I'm with everyone else: If my weight is the same when I'm bloated, I'm going to be REALLLLL happy in a week.

Right now, I'm getting incredible hunger pangs. I think it's because the weather's getting colder and that stimulates my hunger senses. Just downed a packet of salted peanuts...hehe. They are my weakness.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #8  
mostly harmless

I actually start losing weight faster the week before my period. I'm also hungrier, so I'm pretty sure my metabolism changes during that time. I don't grudge myself an extra hundred calories or so on those days, and it sure makes me feel better.

I usually gain 1-2 lbs the day before my period and it lasts until the day before the last day of it. I don't worry about it, as long as it drops back to where it was before the water weight gain.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:26 PM   #9  

I generally gain 5-10lbs of water. It's starts the day before and lasts 3 days afterward. So yeah, I'm running around in stretch pants for a whole week of the month because everything is too tight and I'm too puffy and crabby to care how I look anyway!
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #10  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

I haven't gained any. For the last 3 months that i've been doing my plan, i've lost between 2-4 pounds during that TOM. Maybe I would have lost more? Can't really say. I think drinking over a gallon of water every day and no salt helps me.
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:41 PM   #11  
*confetti*

S/C/G: 270.9/176.1/165

Height: 5'6"

About 5-8 pounds. It only lasts for about three days, so it isn't too bad.
Zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:41 PM   #12  
Bikini Season :)

lets see - extreme irritability 1 week before. extreme sadness 4 days before. self image goes down the drain on that 4th day before as well and lasts until its almost over. and i usually gain 3-7lbs which is gone by the end of it. blah.
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:24 AM   #13  
mostly harmless

Evening Primrose oil helps me with a lot of the PMS symptoms.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

LOL...One of the reasons I quit gauging my progress by the scale is that once after my TOM I had a 14 pound weight drop in a 24 hour period. It makes it kind of hard to realistically judge how much fat you're losing.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:28 PM   #15  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I think 12 pounds was the most I'd ever gained in WW while on TOM. That was during my early 20's, and it was like that nearly every month. But heck, I was an itty-bitty tee-tiny 115 pounds back then!!!

Right now, all I can think about is chocolate. THICK, GOOEY CHOCOLATE. Something like a half-melted Hershey Bar.... WITH ALMONDS. OH WELL!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote