3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   The Brag Thread! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/89417-brag-thread.html)

Blueyedblond 07-17-2006 03:49 PM

The Brag Thread!

Lets brag about something ou have acomplished or feel food about doing.
We all need to feel good about those things.

I will start.

Yesterday I did 2 workouts! I did one early, it was an really great aerobic workout that made me sweat a bucket! I used weights in that workout so I also achieved some strength training at the same time. That workout lasted an hour.

Then later me and a friend walked up a local "mountain" It is a 2 mile uphill climb the whole way. :running: I took a backpack and put weights in it (10 lbs).
We got to the top and it was breezy and there was a beautiful sunset. The sun went down we stayed up there for a while and then there were bats! It was really neat. Then we walked the 2 miles back down.

My calorie deficit for the day was 1360! :D

I was a great day and I plan on having a similiar one today!

sotypical 07-17-2006 03:51 PM

I went to Wal-Mart on the weekend, I tried on 3 bras and liked two of them! Bra shopping done in less then 5 mintues... thats a first. I also bought a 36D instead of a 40D - 4 inches lost! woooo! Maybe this is more of a YAY ME! maybe it should go there instead, haha

kateful 07-17-2006 03:52 PM

WTG, on your exercise!

I brought a salad for lunch today, actually ate it, and went to the store at lunch to get more veggies for more salads this week.

Blueyedblond 07-17-2006 05:53 PM

Oh I didnt know there was a yay me thread- he he oops

Abbeycat36 07-17-2006 06:46 PM

sotypical..

that puppy photo is SOOO cute. When you get him/her take some photos!!!! I want to see!!

i see you are in BC also, like me.

Oh.. hm since this is supposed to be a brag thread, lemme seee... well, it was my b-day yesterday and I did not eat cake. I am happy I didn't. Oh but I did go and buy myself a new camera. I'm a camera addict. I think I have 5 now.

mudbugs 07-17-2006 07:17 PM

Ditto on the we WANNA see puppy pictures as soon as he arrives, sotypical.

Blueyedblonde, you can NEVER have enough "YAY me" threads.

"YAY me" is what keeps me going. I bought two broiled chicken breasts to put in my & hubbie''s salad tonight...and I gave him 1.75 of the chicken!!!!

(This is the first time I ever bought already made this chicken--it was good once you get all that skin off of it...And I only bought it because I am like, legally blind tonight & can't cook, because of a mishap this morning...but that's another story)

sotypical 07-17-2006 07:17 PM

I could brag about the Puppy I am getting! I will take tons of pics! I get to the meet the lady at the Vancouver ferries on the 29th! I am so excited!

Abbeycat36 07-17-2006 08:44 PM

Re the puppy again.. is it a boston terrier? Looks kind of like one in the pic you have there. I love those they are soo cute!!!

I'm really happy for you. Now you'll have a walking buddy too so that's great!

phantastica 07-17-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbeycat36
Oh.. hm since this is supposed to be a brag thread, lemme seee... well, it was my b-day yesterday and I did not eat cake. I am happy I didn't.

Dang, girl! That is for sure something to brag about!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbeycat36
Oh but I did go and buy myself a new camera. I'm a camera addict. I think I have 5 now.

Hm, there's probably some sort of online support forum for that ... LOL. I'm wondering why you'd need 5 cameras. One cell-phone camera, a non-digital camera, a good digital, and maybe a high-res digital? I'm not sure I can even think of five different kinds of cameras.

I think "Yay Me" is different from bragging. Bragging has more attitude with it!

My big brag is that I lost 5.75 pounds this week, which put me over the 60-pound lost mark!

almostheaven 07-17-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueyedblond
Lets brag about something ou have acomplished or feel food about doing.

I just couldn't stop laughing on this one. Being on a diet board, it's so hard to get that thought out of our heads, ain't it? :D

Blueyedblond 07-17-2006 11:13 PM

Ooooohhhhh I didnt even see that! HA HA!

I promise it was a typeo:o

G and F are right next to each other on the keyboard :D

I am thinking about food now thought cause Im hungry!

lilybelle 07-17-2006 11:16 PM

I mowed the yard this evening in hot, hot weather. Yeah!

Heather 07-17-2006 11:20 PM

Oh, here's one.

I struggle to get in exercise. I set goals for minutes to exercise each month so that I will make it. Although the goals have increased I don't get much above the goal. Exercise is a struggle for me.

And yet, I have done some kind of exercise every day since May 25th!!!

Now many days this exercise a 15 min walk with my dogs or 10 min doing ab and back exercises... it's not like I have strenuous workouts every day. And I didn't even set out to do this -- it just sort of happened as my min/month increased.

Anyway, I'm proud of my exercise streak!!

phantastica 07-18-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyllenn
Anyway, I'm proud of my exercise streak!!

That is awesome! I loathe exercise, so I understand what a challenge this could be.

2frustrated 07-18-2006 09:52 AM

Yeah, well I did 3 exercise sessions yesterday! 2.5 miles running in the morning, weights at lunch and teaching kickboxing in the evening :p

(this is the bragging thread right?)

Oh and I tried NEW THINGS for lunch today :yes: and what's more, I LIKED them! :lol3: