Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Yes, I am feeling all strong and energetic and really seeing how much of a difference the weight has made.... both in terms of my size and what I can DO... I feel like a new person, and I'm still "obese"!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:45 PM   #17  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I thought about changing my goal weight to 115 (or even 120 cuz I was 220 at one point) just so I could say that I have lost 100 pounds! But I think that would be too small for me!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You just never know. My original goal weight was 150. I ended up 127! There was a cool link someone posted a couple of months ago that showed how people posted a higher goal weight when they were heavier vs. when they were closer to their ideal weight. I might see if I can dig up the link, it was really interesting.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #19  
Starting Fresh

I have a feeling I might change mine, once I get closer, at 170 I wear a size 13ish - I would like to be a size 4/5 - I dont wanna be too skinny. But again, that could change once I get closer! haha

I just think it would be so amazing to say, "I have lost 100 pounds!" I think that would be a huge accomplishment in life!
Old 07-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #20  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Well, let's see. I tried to not set any goals so I wouldn't get stressed about it but my first goal is to get below 160 (even 159 would be awesome) by September 1st.

By Christmas, 150.

By May of next year, 140. May 2007 would be a year from my start date so I would like to have made goal by that time and then some. Sigh. I'm thinking I might have to lose more than 145 to look un-flabby.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #21  
Starting Fresh

Sunnigummi - you are only 14 pounds away from your Christmas goal! I think you can totally do it! I am 32 pounds away... maybe I am pushing it

I want to lose another 52ish for now, I think I should be able to do that in 10 months... I hope anyway. I guess that is 5 pounds a month and that is a lot (I seem to lose about that now, and I guess it only slows down!)
Old 07-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #22  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Awww Courtnie, thanks for the encouragement! I'm hoping I can get through 14 lbs because it's getting SUPER slow right now, which would be understandable if I was oh say 5-6 lbs from goal but I'm 19 lbs away so I should be relatively fast still. Oh well. I'll just keep chugging, like glory did!

If you're losing 5 lbs a month right now, that's GREAT! You CAN DO it!!!!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #23  
Starting Fresh

I know, but if I am losing 5 pounds a month now... it is only going to slow down!
Old 07-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
You just never know. My original goal weight was 150. I ended up 127! There was a cool link someone posted a couple of months ago that showed how people posted a higher goal weight when they were heavier vs. when they were closer to their ideal weight. I might see if I can dig up the link, it was really interesting.
That sounds interesting!

Starting at 300 pounds, I at first couldn't even SET a long term goal. Then, I finally started thinking about getitng to 199 and then to 179 (which is NON-obesity for me).

Now that I'm closer, I still don't know what I want my final goal to be. I've been obese just about my entire adult life (since 19), and overweight since forever. I just don't know what a non-obese me is like -- though I can't wait to find out! So, I'm just going to see how it goes. I might try to assess further once I get to the 170s... I figure even if I stay there, I'd be 120 pounds lighter than I started, and eating better and exercising more, so that's gotta be better!

Now of course, there are some of you STARTING at the 170s (or lower), so of course your goals will be lower!
Old 07-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #25  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I am terrified of failure and the way I compensate for this is by not setting goals, especially not goals with deadlines associated with them. When I started, my original goal was just to be healthier--even if all I did was exercise a few times a week, how could I fail at that? Then I eventually decided on a goal of 130 pounds, but with no deadline associated with it (my goal was to get to 130 pounds whether it to six months or six years). It does seem like I lost weight slower than a lot of folks. Looking back at my weight logs, it looks like I was at 150 in early Nov and didn't get down to 130 until mid-April, so I lost less than a pound per week (and I think I may have reduced my calories before I started logging my weight). I don't know if this is because of the weight I started at, because there is something else unique about me, or because I didn't set a goal with a timeline (maybe I would have pushed myself more if I'd had that timeline). But I wouldn't do it any differently if I were doing it today and I still don't set goals with deadlines.

Once I got close to 130 pounds I was feeling a lot more confident about my ability to lose weight, so I dropped my goal down to 120 (but again, with no deadline). Then I got over-confident and dropped it again to 115. I'm now at just about 120 and thinking that I'm going to stop focusing on the scale for a while. I'm not sure I'll get to 115 or that I need to get to 115. So I'm now focusing on toning. And I don't really have any specific goals there in terms of inches, I just want my stomach, hips, and thighs to look a little firmer.

I don't think I'm going to have a day where I reach my goal and suddenly switch to maintenance mode. Instead, I expect that I will gradually move into maintenance over the next year or so.

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #26  
Starting Fresh

I can't wait to see 170 again - I thought I looked pretty good at 170.
An old pic of me around 170 http://saltypickles.com/me/meagain.jpg

I was always proud of this pic:
http://saltypickles.com/me/prom_group1.jpg
That's me at 174 and my friend at 130 (according to her, she was much smaller then me in the top) - but we are wearing the same dress in the same size! haha
Old 07-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

I'm not making date goals anymore. I've been in a lot of challenges on various boards. When I see that I'm not going to reach a goal, I get discouraged and quit and binge. So, no goal dates for me.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #28  

Quote:
I don't think I'm going to have a day where I reach my goal and suddenly switch to maintenance mode. Instead, I expect that I will gradually move into maintenance over the next year or so.
Exactly. I'm trying to THINK like a maintainer NOW. I don't want to hit maintanence and gain it all back because I haven't figured out what to do. I expect my maintainence behaviors will look pretty much like my losing behaviors... same kinds of food, continued exercise... except that I will allow myself perhaps a few extra indulgences from time to time...

And given your starting weight, taki that time to lose that weight sounds so completely reasonable! I would bet that you'll keep it off too -- just keep on keeping on!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #29  
Starting Fresh

I do my best to act like a maintainer now. In the sense that I don't just eat veggies all day so the weight comes on faster. If I want a piece of cake or a hambuger I have it - I don't freak out if I go over calories a bit (I do if I got over by alot and more then 1 day a week). But I figure I have to eat the way I want to eat for the rest of my life. No sense depriving myself of that cake now because I will eventually want some cake and eat it.

I always just think, how can I eat for the rest of my life. And that is how I try and do it. Lots of people say 'white' carbs are bad... like white rice is bad, but I hate brown so I eat white rice anyway. That sort of thing, I don't eat it often, maybe twice a month. I also had the odd white begal. I am doing the best I can, and it is working - even if it is not as fast as other people on the boards.

I am not 100% healthy, far from it - but I am healther then I was 6 months ago!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
That sounds interesting!!
Here is the link:

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

Here is the original thread where we talked about it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...l+weight+ideal

The calculator has two sections.

The first section is what OTHER people the same weight as you think their ideal weight should be.

The second section below lists the medical recommendations for weight for someone of your age, height and gender.

I plugged in my high weight of 195 and other people at that weight thought that a good goal was 155 (150 was MY original goal weight!).

Then, I entered my current weight of 127 and people at my current weight have an ideal goal of 128. Just how interesting how current weight influences ideal weight goals!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote