Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2006, 10:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

Default Ready Set GO!

hey all, i am pretty new to the site and just learning my way around. i love the idea of setting mini goals along the way. i often get so overwhelmed looking at the big picture that i don't even notice all the snap shots along the way. so, my goal is going to be 10 pounds before schools starts back up in august.

trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi trob, and welcome! I agree with the idea of mini goals; and I always "redecorate" my ticker when I have reached one of them and start again! Hard to believe I am currently on my sixth ten pound goal!! Congratulations on your 16 pound loss! Good job!

What type of plan are you on? As in eating, exercise, etc.?
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, welcome!

Mini-goals are great and really do help you break things down into ideas that are more manageable. I know I would have been intimidated if I had set losing 100 pounds as my first goal. And yet... I'm almost there. A wise fellow 3fc'er who began at around 600 pounds has said that she can't lose 100 pounds, but she can lose 1 pound 100 times.

That being said, I actually try not to set time deadlines on weight loss. What if you do things right and still don't make it. Sadly, our bodies don't lose weight at the rate we would like, even when we behave.

Instead, I focus on behaviors... am I meeting my eating and exercise goals? I find that focusing on the behaviors I can control, while still setting weight loss goals, has been very helpful!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
That being said, I actually try not to set time deadlines on weight loss. What if you do things right and still don't make it. Sadly, our bodies don't lose weight at the rate we would like, even when we behave.

Instead, I focus on behaviors... am I meeting my eating and exercise goals? I find that focusing on the behaviors I can control, while still setting weight loss goals, has been very helpful!
Exactly! And well said and good point! I also so NOT set timeline goals as I cannot control how fast my body loses weight. But I CAN control whether or not I eat right and exercise, etc., and make myself accountable both to my best friend and here on 3FC!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:57 PM   #5  

i did an 8 wk ww program at work and lost 16lbs. during the school year it was very easy for me to follow but summer break has set me back. i am trying to walk every a.m. and p.m. and then i use an exercise ball to do ab work. i am now just trying to drink as much water as possible and watch what i eat. i would appreciate any suggestions that you fellow 3fc'ers might have.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #6  

monday morning!!!
weight 208, gotta love that water weight.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #7  

tuesday morning
still at 208!