I began my weight loss journey almost 3 months ago at somewhere over the 200 lb mark. I don't know what the number was, I just know it was over that mark once again by the way my clothes (even the biggest ones) didn't fit anymore. Today I am down to 168, still a long way to go but it got me started thinking of what I know today that I couldn't admit 3 months ago.
What I've learned:
1. Elastic waist pants allow me to feel okay no matter how fat I get. I threw all of these out!
2. My jeep does not have an autopilot set for McDonalds, etc. I am in control of the car, not vice versa.
3. The clothes dryer does not shrink my jeans. Well it does eat socks though.
4. You can excercise in the rain....who would of thought??? My husband, bless his heart, gave me a raincoat for walking.
5. I am not fat because I have 4 kids. I am fat because I have 4 kids and didn't bother to get back in shape after the last 2. No one made me eat chocolate shakes and Big Macs. Heck the kids don't even eat like that.
6. Fruit, vegetables and lean meat actually taste good. I've always considered the condiments on a Big Mac to be my veggies along with the super size french fries so this is a biggie for me.
7. Excuses are just that, excuses. Instead of making up excuses for why I can't do something, I am just gonna try it from this point on. I've been a slave to my own lack of self esteem for way to many years now. If I don't get the job (fill in the blank) its not because I'm fat, ugly, you get the picture, its because I am not the most qualified for it.
8. Eating while cooking does count. I have someone else do the taste testing for me now. This is hard coming from a household where my mother tested everything repeatedly while cooking. Bless her heart too, she is a great cook but really has a weight problem herself.
9. 7 year olds think you are fat. This bothered me when my 7 year old daughter constantly tells me I haven't lost any weight. What a crushing statement after all this time. But then I thought about her perspective on this. At her age she thinks her older sister (13) who weighs 135 and wears a size 5 is a cow!! I can remember a time many moons ago when I thought anyone over the age of 20 was ancient!!!
10. Husbands are supportive, but only to a limited extent. My husband is happy that I am trying to get healthy. He still does things to sabotage my eating habits from time to time. He thinks nothing of eating a fudge sundae in front of me or going out to eat at a restaurant where my only choices are grilled chicken and grilled chicken, LOL
Well off my rant for now........good wishes to all!!