Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2006, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Height: 5'3"

Exclamation 'I don't want to be a fat mommy'

Hi everyone!
Last week or so there was a buddy up thread about not wanting to be a fat mommy that a lot of us responded to.
I thought it would be a great idea to start a support thread for us to continue to be each others cheerleaders! (And listen to one anothers' gripes!)
As a mother, we tend to take care of everyone else's needs rather than our own. When is there TIME to take care of us, right? Well, now is our time.
Our kids deserve to have mommys who feel good about themselves!
I hope we all can continue to help one another!

There's no such thing as too much support!!!
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/183/140

I'm all over this thread!! Before I got married I could workout 7 times a week- never on Sunday but some days two times a day!!! I was 132 lbs and I looked GOOD. DH says I was too skinny, so I'll take 140-145 as a goal weight. I can't stand being 183 lbs mommy. I can't stand the size 14 pants or XL!!!

I know if I can keep the motivation I have today I'll be able to do it. I would like to take my daughter swimming. I can't stand those thighs rubbing together!!!

We can do it, mommies!!!!
brooke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi im with you guys im a mommy of 2 and when i met my hubby 7 years ago i was 125lbs and was just to skinny really and after a while was happy at 135-140 then got pregnant with my first ds after puting on more weight first *i only gained 31lbs with him * i was 206 when i had him droped to 159when he was 2 years old and a size 8 and was ok with that. but then i went back up again. got married and shortly after pregnant with number 2 and gained 31lbs with him and was at 220 when i had him and by feb of this year was still 208 and so depressed about it and so tired all the time. i wanna be healthy and energized. I wanna play with them and be happy and do things with them. i can sit around and sulk when they move out lol. so we can do this i want to get to abotu 150 and then go from there. i may stop sooner or may wanna loose a little mroe but well see when i hit 150. good luck to us all

misty *** mother to two boys 6yrs old and 17 months
Chatterbox1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #4  

I'm glad you guys feel the same!
brooke26- I feel ya! I was a size 14 for such a long time, and now I'm in 12's (maybe even 10's if I had some to try on!) That was the best feeling! But my thighs still rub together, and I hate it too!!!
Stay motivated though, you'll be able to do this!!!

chatterbox- My oldest son is also 6. It's a crazy age, isn't it? Not quite big kids, but not babies anymore either! I agree with you on wanting to have energy to play with them and enjoy them while they still like hanging out with their parents!!! That was alot of my motivation right there!
good luck and stick with it!

Talk to ya soon....
Old 07-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #5  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Hi, I have been battling with my weight forever! I have 20 pounds to go and it is taking forever. I am fighting each pound. My daughter (5), doesn't have my body shape, she is very tall and thin. The other night we were laying on her bed talking and I had my leg crossed onto the other knee. My daughter turned to me and said "I don't want to be a Mommy because I don't want fat legs." It broke my heart. I don't want her to think I am a fat Mommy, I was hoping that I would be thinner by the time she started noticing but it has given me more reason to keep on track. I did explain to her about body shapes and eating right but I want her to be proud of me.
Has anyone encountered the anything similar?
Rose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:46 AM   #6  

Rose- that would have broken my heart too!!!

It wasn't a child, but I did have a conversation with my older brother a couple of weeks ago, we were just chatting about nothing in paticular. He was talking about losing weight and I told him he was doing a great job. He said "yeah, I just hate being fat." I agreed with him- I hate being fat too. I guess emotionally what I wanted him to say was "you're not fat, Brooke." But he said "oh, that's okay you had a baby."

I knew that everyone else knows I'm fat. Until then, I think maybe I thought I didn't look as bad as I thought....but pictures, and brothers, there's no escaping it. I'm fat. But, not for long! Another day, some more exercise, phase 1 of South Beach....it's all going to be great!

How do you mommies find time to exercise??? Anyone work out with DVD's at home??? What do you use???
Old 07-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #7  

Good Morning, fellow fat moms!

Had a rough night, the twins are teething, at the same time! Nothing seems to help them.
And to top it off, the scale said I'm UP 2 lbs. EEWW!

Rose- I know how much those comments from your daughter hurt. My oldest son is always asking me if I'm still pregnant! (My babies are now 7 months old!) It really hurts! I want them to think I'm a healthy and fit mommy, not the mommy they've been used to.
You are doing so good, keep it up! I think the last 20 are the hardest!

brooke26- I'm there with you on what your brother said. My mother was/is always telling me "It's okay, you just had twins" or "You look fine for having 4 kids" What? Does that give me the okay to let myself go?? Thanks for the support mom!
AS for working out, I TRY and do yoga in the mornings when everyone is sleeping, and at night when everyone goes to bed I try to do a mile on my treadmill. Haven't really bought any work out DVD's yet, but I should.
Even just going for walks with the kids helps, I think.
Stay positive, you can do this!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #8  

Those darn family member comments!!! I do not want permission to be overweight. I don't want them to grill me, either....I guess I just want support with no opinions. Probaby not many people get that from their families.

I really need to buy a treadmill or eliptical machine. I have a jogging stroller, but I don't find going on walks with my daugher (7 months) very relaxing. I'd rather go out alone, or work out while she sleeps.

I probably have every workout DVD known to man, so if you need a review or one, let me know I've probably tried it.

Up 2 lbs can be water....no worries, the scale will behave again soon. I do HATE it when the number goes up though....I just hate it.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #9  

I just wanted one person to agree with me, to say 'yes you are fat, you need to lose weight, we love you and want to see you happy' and kick my butt into gear! Tough love can do wonders. But when you have a husband who thinks you look good no matter what, you don't really make that much of an effort at dieting.

My treadmill was the best investment I ever made. And I must admit I use it a lot more often than I thought I would!

Which of your workout DVD's do you like the best?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #10  
Rose

Hi, guys and thanks!
Quote:
just wanted one person to agree with me, to say 'yes you are fat, you need to lose weight, we love you and want to see you happy' and kick my butt into gear!
Me too! I had gestational diabetes with my daughter, I was okay with my son but my Grandmother died from diabetes complications. I have a 60%+ chance of having diabetes as I get older so I am really trying to get my weight down from the "overweight" catagory. I just need my husband to be supportive - not "I love you the way you are..." I don't mean to be ungrateful because I do love that he loves me no matter what but sometimes I just want him to kick me in the butt. I wish I could get him to lose with me because we could motivate each other. (he is about 20 pounds overweight too)
brooke26 - I think it is more hurtful when it comes from family instead of a stranger or coworker beacuse you just want their support.
4boys4me- WOW! were do you get your energy! I am tired with two! Twins! God bless you!
I wouldn't worry about the 2 pounds if you are doing everything right. I am up 2 right now but I have my TOM but I have been careful not to go over 1350 calories - it is higher than usual but I have been working out 2x a day and if I don't give myself some leaway, I will binge. Speaking of working out, I run or power walk on my lunches, walk with the kids at night and I got a free 2 week membership to a local gym. I just started this week -it's been great! I wish I had enough money to join, hopefully soon.
We can will get thinner and healthier!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

I am so with you girls on the I love you no matter what husband thing. I always tell my husband to be more supportive and he always tells me that I look fine. I don't want to just look fine, I want to look like I did before I had kids which was HOT! LOL I want to fit into my 10 million pairs of "skinny jeans" that I've saved for 2 years. I hate shopping now, I used to love it, now it's just depressing.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #12  
Rose

Yes! exactly! I want him to DROOL when he seeing me!
I want to fit into my skinny jeans and look good!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #13  

Amen to those skinny jeans. I have one pair I've been hanging onto. Size 6 and I looked GOOD! DH cannot tell me enough that he loves me just the way I am. But, I don't love me the way I am. I loved me the way I was before. HOw can you love your life and hate the way you look??? I could use a little drool too!

I have lots of DVDs! I have the FIRM, which is great. If I did it all the time I have no doubt it would be successful, but I don't think in a million years those DVD's alone will make you look like the instructors on those tapes. they must never eat!! I also have Tae Bo (quite a few of them) And, this new series called Turbo Jam, which is hard but FUN. And, of course I have a couple Denise Austin DVD's for lighter days....

My mom is coming to visit for a week today....she is NEVER good for my diet. Wish me luck. One day at a time!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #14  

Ohhhh, yes, skinny jeans! I have a whole section in my closet devoted to my old clothes that I'd love to fit into again, although I'd be terribly out of style! (Hello 1994!!!)

3 out of 4 of my boys are napping right now so I only have so much time to Turbo Clean!!!!

Good luck everyone, keep up the good work! WE CAN DO IT!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:42 AM   #15  

Good morning mommies!

What would you give to go to bed and wake up 8 hours later. My daughter is 8 months old, 14 lbs. I feel like this eating thing in the night has GOT to go soon....

My family all in town will leave tomorrow....so we can get back to "normal" around here, whatever that means. Doesn't your family have the WORST infulence on you? I come from an overweight family, and I swear my mother thinks that food is love. If she's not trying to feed you something she's asking you what you want to eat next. I've even started saying "mom, food is not love." I love her visiting but I can't wait to not have someone trying to feed me 18 hours a day....weird!

Well, I better get some chores done before DD wakes up....ah laundry,dishes, oh the beauties of staying home...

Have a great day!