New and looking for support.

• I just recently joined this website thinking that I was about 225 lbs, last night I weighed at my mothers house and I was 234. ARGH! So frustrating. It's my highest weight ever and I just want it all to be gone.

My work clothes aren't fitting right anymore and I don't want to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe... but I don't want to feel like I'm being cut in half all day long.

I guess what I'm looking for is some suggestions on how to start out my routine. I've spent many hours educating myself on what I should be doing, I just don't know where to start.

Thanks ahead of time for your help.
  • Small changes are best in my opinion. You take too much on at once and you will get discouraged. How about trying to incorporate a small salad with your dinner everyday? If you have a sandwich for lunch, put more lettuce in it and/or substitute white for whole wheat. After a week or two of meal adjustments, add exercise 3 times a week. Make sure there is a day in between each day you exercise so you give yourself time to get used to the routine. Set a goal of 30 mins if you think you're really out of shape and work as long as you can toward the 30 mins doing Walk Away The Pounds tapes or whatever you want to do...

Once you've made healthy choices or healthier versions of what you like to eat now, you'll find it easier to stick with it. Use the time now to figure out what you like and what you don't like. That way you have a range of foods you can try in the weeks to come... GOOD LUCK!
  • Melissa,

I so feel your pain. My scale at home is about 5Ibs off and whenever I get weighed at the doc's office I experience the same frustration you described.
    I also have the same problem with my work clothes. Nothing fits and I just won't go shopping hoping that pretty soon I'll have to buy new wardrobe anyway.
    Sunni's advice is right on target! Just take it one step at a time and stay positive.
    Good Luck!
  • Hi Melissa, I'm new too and also started 6 days ago at 234!! I have the same couple of pairs of pants that I wear over and over because I hate the thought of buying anything bigger. I wear a size 20 and it just about killed me to buy those!! I'm trying to get rid of my daily diet coke addiction by adding a little more water each day. The diet coke actually starts to taste funny after you drink the water. Also, I'm going to drink iced tea since I get sick of water!! I also started out at 15 minutes a day on the treadmill and plan to up that little by little. Keep in touch, Alison