I'd like to start a thread, a list of things that as an overweight person you don't do/can't do anymore, but would like to do. Maybe you never have done them, but would like to. Or maybe you are now able to do because you lost the weight and have the strength or confidence to now do.
I'd like to save a list of things I'd like to do or try, a motivation for where I'd like to be. Maybe some of you have some ideas of things we all might like to do but didn't think of. The next part of the list is things that i hope to never have to deal with again.
Here I will start out...
Things I can't do anymore but once did:
1. Swim/put on bathing suit. I am way too large on bottom to consider shorts or a bathing suit. The humiliation I would feel would put me in a mental hospital. I DREAM of being able to swim.
2. Cross my legs. Legs just WILL NOT cross.
3. Walk without my legs flapping together in the middle
4. keep up with most 'normal' weight people when walking
5. Sit well in a theatre seat, airplane seat, plastic lawn chair, doctor office chair, etc. all made for the average person
6. Car seatbelt fitting without choking me
7. Walk outside with confidence and not feeling like someone's saying "who's that fat girl walking by, oh my!"
Things I have NEVER done but want to. Most I don't do because I am either too heavy/can't accomplish .
1. RUN. OH I want to run. My legs just don't have the strength yet. Priority on my list.
2. Wear several cute things like: ankle bracelet, cropped pants, cute shoes, ****, anything cute that doesn't look like 'old lady' clothes, plain and ugly just because it fits.
3. Feel comfortable.. or at least relatively comfortable, being naked
4. Visit my dad wearing a size 'normal' (whatever that might be) and be proud of how I look. (he's an anti-fat..calls everyone "huge, big as a house" even if they are only mildly over weight)
Hmm I'll have to work more on this list.. feel free to add to it
part 3.. things I do now since I've gained weight that have happened because I am heavy..
1. Debate whether I can sit in a chair first before I sit there, for fear I might break it, have it fall over, etc. (no thankfully it never has happened)
2. Be careful of activities I plan with a group that may reveal to others my shortcomings (like, if they plan an outing where we'd have to walk long distances or walk quickly, or fit into amusement park ride seats)
3. I have only shopped at the 'plus size' stores for about the last 10 years or more. Don't ever go to malls anymore because I can't shop at a regular store.
my clothing shopping is not an adventure, it's a chore.
3b. Having to lie when someone thin says 'oh, where did you get that cute sweater, I'll have to go look for it' because I'm too embarassed to tell the truth. I usually say Sears because I know they'll never find it.
4. Struggle with myself on how I let this happen to myself, how someone as intelligent as I am could be so 'dumb'.
5. Had to buy powder to put on the bits of skin that sit and gather moisture, so they don't get a rash.
6. (should be number 1) Stretch marks, a lot of them. Well, this one will be with me forever, but I strive to never get a new one.