3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   The Make a Plan and Stick to it Thread for Friday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/88625-make-plan-stick-thread-friday.html)

srmb60 07-06-2006 04:48 PM

The Make a Plan and Stick to it Thread for Friday

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail. Plan now for tomorrow. What will you eat and when? What will you do for extra activities? Walk? Bike? Play soccer with the kids?
Don't let another day day just fizzle away. Plan it out!

BlueToBlue 07-06-2006 06:14 PM

My days are pretty routine, which makes planning easy.

My Plan for Friday, July 7
Breakfast (9 AM): 1 cup Flax Plus cereal, 4 oz unsweetened soy milk, 1.25 oz blueberries. 190 calories.
Mid-morning snack (10:30 AM): Tea with 1 tsp sugar and unsweetened soy milk. 25 calories
Lunch (12:30 PM): PB&J on multi-grain bread. 1/2 serving soy chips. 345 calories.
Mid-afternoon snack (2 PM): Energy bar. 150 calories.
After workout snack (5 PM): Fruit, nuts, or popcorn. Around 100 calories
Dinner (7 or 8 PM): Chicken Picadillo on low carb whole wheat tortillas with green salad and low cal dressing. 400 calories
After Dinner Snack (10 PM): Low calorie pudding if enough calories are left in the day, otherwise sugar-free candy.

Total calorie intake to not exceed 1300.

Exercise: Workout at 4:00 PM with personal trainer.

Next week I'm going to break out of my PB&J rut and try a new sandwich for lunch: turkey with pineapple/cabbage cole slaw on pita bread! Sounds good, doesn't it? I'm excited! :carrot:

- Barbara

srmb60 07-06-2006 07:35 PM

I'm going to have my steel cut oats and egg whites for breakfast.
In my lunch bag will go 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese, salad, baby carrots and radishes. I'll eat that over the course of my shift probably in three stints. With diet coke :)
We will have either chicken or turkey breast with salad, a hot vegetable and rice for supper.
I'm not sure about an evening snack ... maybe more oats with a dollop of more fruits jam.
I was standing more than usual at work today and my legs are aching so, if I don't do legs today, I will tomorrow. If I do do legs later ... I'll do abs and shoulders tomorrow.

Kind of a wobbly plan but a good sturdy guideline all the same.

jillybean720 07-06-2006 09:34 PM

I did NOT stick very well to Thursday's plan--changed all 3 meals, but ended up only having the 3 meals and no snacks. I had wraps at Subway instead of a 12" sub, and I only had 1 cookie instead of 2, so it's a start. I also passed up lots of bakery goodies--we had free lunch at work because of a long review team meeting, and I had a sandwich but did not have ANY of the pastries offerred. Baby steps...

Friday's plan:
  • glass of skim milk
  • banana
  • bagel w/cream cheese (we get free bagels on Fridays in the office)
  • salad (spinach, strawberries, almonds, chicken, broccoli, cabbage, light Asian sesame dressing)
  • yogurt
  • not sure about dinner--maybe whole-grain pasta with low-sodium sauce
Again, I'll also strive for 3 liters of water and a hike up the stairs to my apartment.

bluestarr 07-06-2006 11:23 PM

That is really inspiring. Also lack of planning is exactly why I have failed at my previous attempts of acheiving real weight loss. What's funny, is that I have a real plan now...a friend and I are joining WW together, and we will have someone to be accountable to. I have never had a real accountability partner before. I will let you know how it works! In the meantime, I plan to pray everytime I feel tempted to eat more than I should! :-)

2frustrated 07-07-2006 04:39 AM

Brekky
2 egg whites, 1 egg, scrambled on Marmite wholewheat toast

Snack
1 protein pancake with an apple

Dinner
2 oatcakes with 2.5oz mozzarella

Snack
1 protein pancake
1 scoop PP

Snack
1 bag of strange chicken bite things
1 apple

Dinner
Out at a restaurant somewhere :o But I will find the healthy choice and be damned what anyone else says :p

No exercise for me today - too tired for morning run due to being woken up by DF in the middle of the night :rolleyes: I don't get a lunch break on Fridays, and then I have to meet my friend straight after work. I'm sure we'll be walking around town tonight though, so not too bad!

joyofsix 07-07-2006 08:13 AM

Breakfast-1pc homemade ww bread, 1/2 Tb peanut butter
S-pria bar
L-salad, grilled fish
S-blueberries, raspberries, 1 tb whip topping
D-taco salad
s-popcorn, 1 Lindor ball

la3y_un1c0rn_37 07-07-2006 09:41 AM

Yesterday....D-grilled pork loin, baked beans 1/2 cup
I only got in 20min of walking I had to work on the new computer last night.

Today.
B-egg mc muffin..no cheese
s-peaches triscuits
L- salad with grilled chicken
s-100cal snack
s-tuna
D- I will be getting back to this later

I am not sure what will be going on today but I will get some walking in today.

This Weekend

eating right
swimming
walking

BTW: HEY SUSANNNNN! (waves)

Sunnigummi 07-07-2006 10:35 AM

Last night's D - brussel sprouts with garlic and spices and 1/2 cup cooked pasta.

B - 1.5 cups skim milk + 3/4 cup frosted flakes
1 banana

S - Nature Valley Oats n' Honey granola bars (2/bar)

L - 1/4 cup brown rice with roasted veggies
1 8 oz container Dannon plain nonfat yogurt

S - Fruits (melons, nanners [bananas], pears)

D - 1/4 cup white rice + whatever veggie curries are around.

Planning for weekend - 6 mile walk (out of which 1 mile jog) both Sat and Sun. I'm going to try to incorporate lunges and jumping rope into my routine as well - yay!

Food - try to eat only 3 square meals and 2 snacks of fruits or popcorn.

JustJuneBug 07-07-2006 01:19 PM

hey everyone!!!

this morning i got up and went and did my scheduled 3 miles and then did weights (shoulders and chest)...i started my training for my first 1/2 marathon this week!!

when i got home i ate some Special K/skim milk with fresh blueberries and strawberries...

now i am eating some brown rice, with 1 cup of chili and a bit of lofat cheese...not sure what the rest of the day holds, probably more brown rice with steamed veggies.

tomorrow morning i have a 5 mile run then its my FREE day for calories...which means i plan to have a few beers!!!!