Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2006, 03:39 PM   #16  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I know they act like big dogs, haha. My gramma's little girl is great! I still dont know why I am having such a hard time deciding what I want.

I guess it is because no one is supportive of my idea to get a dog. Everyone keeps telling me to wait. On the weekend I took my parents yellow lab for a swim at the river and he LOVED it. And I took my dads boxer for a swim at the lake and had him diving for rocks. I love that sort of thing, but I don't think BT's are big on swimming or diving for rocks. I took the BT and the yellow lab for a walk in the hot sun at the camp ground, by the time we got back (maybe 15 min) the BT was ready to die, and my yellow lab just took a drink of water and laid down at our feet.

Gaaaah who knew this would be so stressful.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

That's true about BTs and the heat...they don't deal with it very well because of their short faces. Gordie does love the water, though, and so do a lot of BTs I know. When we lived in Vermont, he loved going to Lake Champlain for a swim. Now that we live in California, he likes the ocean but is a bit scared of the huge waves...which is fine with me because it would be too rough for him to swim in anyway.

On another note...I haven't weighed myself in a few days and just did a little while ago only to find out that I'm up a pound. So...I'm starting this challenge at 161.
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #18  
Fat-be-gone

Yikes!!! I weighed myself this morning and the scale said 235!!! Ohmygosh. That's what I was when I started this whole thing in January. What a waste of 6 months!!! I really , really need to jump on this right now. I am definitely pushing for a 24 pound loss this challenge!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:32 AM   #19  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I'm still 165 but I've been taking it easy. Sigh. I need to get on the ball too, rosario! Ok, my goal for September is 155, just like my 12 week challenge which ends in September so it's an overlapping goal. I'm just feeling a wee bit blah. I am going to gym today so yay for me!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Rosario - 24 pounds is doable, you just have to stay 100% focused on your goal. You can do it I doubt it was a total waste of 6 month, did you learn anything about your body in that time?

sunni - I need to get on the ball as well! What kind of 12 week challenge are you doing?

Alright, so I've been bloated and feeling nasty, and I got on the scale and it's telling me I've gain 2 pounds!! Which doesn't surprise me that much, but since I'm bloated I'm not going to count this. heh..

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #21  
Fat-be-gone

aimee-i wish my gain was from bloating. I feel bloated but I know it's permanent.

I can't wait until next week. I've already got my menu and grocery list planned for the coming week. I know I'm going to rock at this challenge!!! Also, I bought a bikini (yes, me. but don't worry. it's only to wear under shirts and a tank when and if I do go swimming). It's form Old Navy and it was on sale. I had to buy it. Let's see if it fits. and if it doesn't, then I have just one more thing to work for.

I say we make this the best and most successful challenge ever. Ladies, it's time for us to get off of our butts and step away from the junk food (well, me anyway). I'm up for it and I hope you all are too!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario
I say we make this the best and most successful challenge ever. Ladies, it's time for us to get off of our butts and step away from the junk food (well, me anyway). I'm up for it and I hope you all are too!!!

I'm with you! I am ready to make this a successful challenge. I'm back to logging everything on Fitday (yesterday was my first day back to Fitday in awhile), which really helped me before. I need to get back into exercising regularly (besides walking my dog). I already told my boyfriend that I want to make sure we go out to eat only occasionally...that's one place where I end up messing up and eating too much.
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Rosario I just joined this challenge and I agree with you about working our butts off !

I weigh in tomorrow and am hoping to see a loss . It is my TOM so doubtful but I hope anyway lol.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #24  

Rosario - I am also game to rock this challenge, I set my goal as 17 pounds, thats still a lot for me... but I'm aiming high! I was SUCH a good girl today, I had a healthy breakfast and a good lunch! I worked late tonight, so I don't know if I should eat this late.. but I'm hoping the bloat will be gone by tomorrow. With everything planned out like that, you are definitely going to be down to 232 next weigh in.

Nikki - Do you ever find sometimes with TOM it really feels like you've gained like 5+ pounds and you are still the same? Its so weird! Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow

So I have to admit a guilty pleasure... I'm secretly addicted to that Paris Hilton song.. Stars are Blind. I don't normally even like her! I'm slowly reverting to a teenager, first it was MTV, and now it's Paris Hilton..

-Aimee
Old 07-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #25  

Morning ladies/ gents-

Aimee- I usually do gain during TOM I went from 158 last friday to 163 on Tuesday and today I am back down to 159 still on TOM. I changed my ticker to reflect a pound loss this week because when I started the challenge I was at 160. Woohoo now I just need to keep it off!

Nikki
Old 07-07-2006, 09:45 AM   #26  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Well my plan has not been going to good of late. I have a new computer at home and I am the only one at home who has a clue.....So its left up to me to get it right....I only got in a little walking yesterday...this weekend goal is to do lots of walking, swimming, and lots of eating right!!!!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #27  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Aimee:

12 week challenge first posted by JAYAGODDESS. It's around here somewhere I'll post today and bring it to the top...

Also, SO with you on reverting to teenagerism...I like Nick Lachey's new song "what's left of me" My sister always makes fun of me when I watch the video for it... :P I feel so ashamed for liking it... but now I have someone I can dish with - yay!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:47 AM   #28  

Sunni - I don't know whats worse.. that I also like Nick Lachey, or that I saw him in concert, with 98 degrees! I also met Jessica Simpson way back then as well, she was just starting out.. I remember thinking she looked a little.. uhm.. lets just say she was wearing TONS of black eye makeup and a short short skirt and tight top. heh.

Nikki - 1 pound loss is pretty good! Congrats 14 to go! woohoo!

Ugh, I am STILL bloated, I don't get it!! Hopefully it's just because I'm really tired? That has happened with me before. I tell yah, I have to stop hanging around my friend whose kids are always sick! Last week it was a stomach thing, this week they have a chest infection. Kinda crazy. Well I am off to work, have a good one ladies

-Aimee
Old 07-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #29  
Fat-be-gone

aimee-maybe you should try drinking more water? that always makes me feel less of the bloat. I despise Paris!!! Is she actually any good at singing? anyone nowadays, is able to make a record. what happened to actually having talent?

Soooo...I haven't been eating right or excercising. Big suprise!! do you guys think its good to go on one last splurge before recommitting yoursef to weight loss? I mean should I just start or give myself the weekend to get my bearings together. I vote for the latter. I'll be cleaning and organizing the apt this weekend (the IL will be leaving....woohoo...don't get me wrong, I love them, but I just want it to be and the bf again!!), so It's going to be pretty hectic and all. no time for excercise and there is no food in the fridge until Sunday. I guess a'll have to make do with what I have. we'll just see what happens.

courtnie, haven't heard from you. I guess you're superbusy with the move and all. hope all is well and that you're sticking to your plan.

chat with ya'll later!!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #30  

Rosario- I don't think there is anything wrong with giving yourself the weekend just don't go to overboard with it.

Nikki