Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default That SPECIAL Time of Month...

Ok, it's TOM for me. During that ever so special time, I get the most awful wicked cravings known to womankind. Right now, it's BBQ Fritos. Haven't eaten them, or wanted to eat them in about two years. But suddenly yesterday, I get this craving for them. Of course, they didn't have any small, single bags... oh no, I had to buy the BIG economy size bag.

So anyway, I usually get the chocolate craving like crazy. I can subtlely work my way around that by having Fudgesicles or Jello Pudding - both come in the sugar-free variety... which, like Martha Stewart says, is a good thing. Or sometimes, nothing will quench it except the exact craving... sometimes it's Heath bars, sometimes Reece's Peanut Butter cups.... you get the drift. However, that too, is workable, because nearly everything comes in those little bite-size candies.

But SALTY cravings are worse for me, such as today. Those dang BBQ Fritos. But oh well. At least I had a healthy brekky & lunch, and plan on a healthy din-din.

All I know is that if I try to avoid that nagging craving-feeling, I just get *****ier by the minute. It truly DOES help my horrendous mood swings when I just give in to the craving. I also go from one extreme to the other with my sleep patterns. For a few days BEFORE my TOM, I am restless, agitated, and suffer from insomnia. The first couple of days during, I just wanna sleep-sleep-sleep... nothing but sleep!

How does TOM cravings affect you, and what do you do about it?
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to say that I can totally relate to you. I always get these INTENSE cravings, sometimes for things that I don't even like that much normally! And then I obsess about whatever food I'm craving until I actually have some.
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I am with you girl! About a week before my period is due I will eat anything that is not nailed down. I try really hard to occupy my time so I won't be near food but sometimes that does not work so i eat and eat and eat! It seems like nothing fills me up! I swear we are blessed! I can do good for the whole month and then one week can un-do it all. I don't know the answer but if there was a cure I would be a millionare.
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #4  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I'm with Tina. My mood swings were slight in that I could control them and I did because frankly I was sick of complaints that I was nice 3 weeks every month and then one week I was Cruella DeVille only 10X worse. Well, my food cravings haven't stopped and I am RAVENOUS for whatever reasons. My cravings are food in general - I think I focus more on meat. Some fruit. Mostly meat though. If there are snack cakes around, those go too, but they're not so I never get the chance to pig out on them... Anyway, I get my cravings in by pigging out on my mom's food. It's veggie but you know how too much of a good thing isn't a good thing? Yeah. Oh well. I'm really really trying to control my appetite during TOM. *sigh*
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #5  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygordie
I just wanted to say that I can totally relate to you. I always get these INTENSE cravings, sometimes for things that I don't even like that much normally! And then I obsess about whatever food I'm craving until I actually have some.

OMG! Your dog is sooooo cute!!

I didn't have a healthy din-din as I'd planned tonight. Nope... just HAD to have a cheeseburger... fer cryin' out loud! Sometimes I think we're just DOOMED to be slaves to our cycles & moodswings...
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol
OMG! Your dog is sooooo cute!!

I didn't have a healthy din-din as I'd planned tonight. Nope... just HAD to have a cheeseburger... fer cryin' out loud! Sometimes I think we're just DOOMED to be slaves to our cycles & moodswings...
Thanks for the compliment about my dog...he's my baby and I take about a thousand pictures of him a day!!

I had the same dinner as you!
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

I am so glad everyone is hear and we can share these kinds of things, (without judgement) I don't know what I would do with out you guys helping through out my journey. I still got a far bit to go but I think as long as I am here I will get there eventually.

As for TOM I am there too! I went for chinese buffet, I totally loaded up on carbs and salty stuff. (like I need more water retention right now..lol) I felt kinda bad but at least it satisfied my craving. Hoping today will be better
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #8  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

got mine yesterday. I go from sobby self pity to b queen from ****. I know it's hormones. I get the salty cravings too. confession: I bought a little bag of sour cream and onion chips today and had them with lunch.

It's just a few days out of the month, still!! chemical rollercoaster (fits all sizes!)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #9  
No description available.

How do I cope? I run my nuvaring through continuous cycles and have about 3 periods a year.

There are lots of good (health) reasons to consider suppressing that monthly bleeding. Talk to your local midwife, NP, or OB/Gyn.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #10  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

My cravings vary....salty...sweet...and sometimes downright odd. This time around it's been peanut butter with pickles....and reeses and 100 grand bars...and I'm still losing...obviously I must be doing something right lol
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/252/195

Height: 5'6"

I guess I'm a lucky one, I don't get cravings or terrible mood swings during my time. Well, on the mood swings you'd better ask my hubby- I may be a liar! LOL
ilovemycaitybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:04 AM   #12  

oh yeah, i like salty things too.... i cnt resist pringles or doritos... they just make me go wild and i find it so hard to control myself... when its TOM-our dieting and weight loss gets even harder!!!!
justlost is offline   Reply With Quote