3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I'm Slipping! Need a hand and some advice. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/88169-im-slipping-need-hand-some-advice.html)

Sakai 06-30-2006 03:59 PM

I'm Slipping! Need a hand and some advice.

Arg! it's happeneing again.

Okay, so for the past 6 weeks I've been yo-yoing with my weight.. I'll be down to 228 on friday.. take the wekend off (because the gym is closed on weeknds) and then on monday... I'm up to 232. It takes the whole week to get back to 228 and then the wekend comes and I'm back up again. I have no idea why the weight comes on so fast on the weekends (I'm eating the very same and I walk all the time on the weekends. And then it takes 5 days to take it back off. Arg!

I cheat sometimes.. a glass of fruit punch, not the water. Eating late at night. Sneaking a bite of rock candy. But i've done worse and still lost weight.

Now, because of this lose, gain.. lose, gain.. for the past month a half, I'm getting depressed. I started skipping my workouts because I feel no matter what I do.. it will just come back over the wekends. This week I skipped 2 days at the gym and feel so bad.

I don't know what I can do to keep the weight off on the weekends. should I just work out more? cut calories?

penpal 06-30-2006 08:18 PM

Maybe you could post some more details. For example, approximately how many calories are you eating? What kinds of foods?

It can be very frustrating when we get into a yo-yo cycle of lose-gain-lose-gain. You may need to cut out the non-foods like rock candy and punch for starters. Small amounts of these calorie-dense foods really add up quickly.

If you're having a hard time making a long term commitment to exercise, perhaps you should try some other type of exercise, like walking or swimming. I've been working out at Curves 3x a week for 2-1/2 years now and I really enjoy it - and I'm the most exercise-averse person you could meet!

Don't give up - you need to find the right balance of calories and exercise and the weight will start coming off and staying off. Good luck! :goodluck:

blues4miles 06-30-2006 08:57 PM

I find when I'm not doing well, it's always what and how much I'm eating. You may need to re-evaluate how many calories you are consuming. If you are not already logging daily what and how much food you are eating that is probably a good start. I love the exercise, and it makes me feel better and look "tighter" but it has never seemed to help my weight loss unless I buckle down and take a second look at what I'm eating.

I don't meant to say you are "cheating" as I often do, but just in my personal experience I am underestimating/forgetting/forgetting to log many of my foods and not realizing HOW MANY calories I am really taking in. Hope that helps. Also, sometimes when I need to "restart" I go through 1 week of clean eating. I think to myself, I can go through 1 week of all-natural, no fast food, no sugar foods. That helps me to start feeling better again and get on track. It is easier to deny all my cravings for a week and after that week it seems easier to get on without them for a while.

GenreGirl 06-30-2006 09:19 PM

I think penpal & blues4miles have wonderful advice. Whatever you do- do not give up! You can do this.

Keep a journal of every minute of exercise & every morsel you put in your mouth. For me accountability is all important. It is too easy for me to 'sneak in' lots & lots of extra calories if I 'forget' to keep track. I never skip exercising for more than a day, otherwise I make up more & more excuses.

Don't give up Sakai! We're here to help.

joan fay 07-03-2006 11:32 PM

I'm needing a hand - Sakai

Hi Sakai
There is a direct correlation between how much you eat and how much you excerise. Less calories and more excercise. At lease that is what I am told.
Also keep your system flushed with water. But, you don't need to drink gallons. Everyone slips up. Weekends are bad for me too. Don't give up.
Your health is too important. The feed back everyone has given you - is also very helpful for me.:)
Joan Fay

Sakai 07-06-2006 12:50 AM

Hi guys..
Wow the 4th was crazy. @_@ I know I went over board in everything, we went from one party to another for 2 days. Blah the gym was closed till today but I was so sluggish I didn't get out of bed. @_@.
Anyways. I do keep track of my calories. I keep myself around 1400-1500 a day. (including the punch and the ocasional ice cream)...I haven't been drinking as much water as I use too. about 30oz a day.

I think I need to change up my work outs. I was thinking of joining Arobics at my college, but the classes are SO early in the morning. They can't think college kids get up a 5 in the morning. >_< they have them a 6 and 7 in the morning too. but that is still far too early.

They have a pool at the gym and I've been dying to go swimming. I need to find a swimming cap so the chemicals in the pool dosn't kill my hair. But I know I need to work out more, I've been slowly getting lazy @_@

Sunnigummi 07-06-2006 10:57 AM

You can do it Sakai!!! :D It could be water weight if you've been drinking less but everything else has stayed the same. Also, on weekends why don't you workout indoors like do an exercise video or something that gets your heartrate up at the same level as your gymming does? Something to think about...

Sakai 07-07-2006 05:33 PM

Yeah I was thinking about it, but on the weekends there's like 4 kids here. from 13 to 3 years old and the living room is filled with toys. >_<..*grumble* I take my dog on extra long walks on the wekend and do alot of window shopping at the stores to get in extra steps ( and it's cool in the stores too lol)

jenifa 07-08-2006 12:15 AM

*pokes sakai*...sorry, I couldn't resistttttt T_T the penguin's so cute...

Aaannyway... I think the advice given above is better then anything I could hope to contribute. That being said, I can relate to your situation. It's easy to get discouraged. Especially when you feel like you don't see any return for all of your hard work. The best thing I can suggest though (It's working for me) is to stick it out until you see some results. The results alone are enough motivation to keep it up. The funny thing is that if you just keep doing it and work it into your life, it becomes easier. For me, it totally did. I kind of like it now. What makes this even trickier is that I think exersice helps depression. Check out this thread, It has more info about all of that.

Starting it up is the worst part, I think. When you get a momentum up, everything will fall into place, I think. At this point, do what's fun for you for exersice... I envy your situation with the pool! I wanna go swimming too!

We'll all cheer you on! GoGogogogo, cute penguin!
We have faith in your ability to do this!