Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Default Saying hello :wave:

I'm new here and don't know where introductions are generally made, so I figured I'd just pick a place. :waves again:

I'm 38, married from Texas, 2 kids. I was doing great with a self-directed weight loss plan until the holidays last year. I lost track just before Thanksgiving with plans to get it together after Christmas. On the day after New Year's Day, we found some land, bought it, started getting our house ready to sell, sold it, found a house to rent, moved and are now building. Oy! I have fifteen pounds to show for all that. 30 to lose in total.

Anyway, I'm trying to pull things together now. Exercise will have to consist of videos, floor exercises, jump rope--low tech stuff--since my treadmill, bike, and weight bench are in storage. I can't decide what to do about food. However, the "eat-everything-I-can-catch" diet isn't really working for me anymore. I'm leaning towards a detox kind of thing but am open to suggestions. I have a family reunion next Saturday. The 20 Pounds in a Week Diet would be great.

This looks like a great site. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:32 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on getting started. I don't know of a 20 lbs. in a week diet or I probably would have tried that too. LOL, Good luck and best wishes. There are lots of plans on here that people use, so it's whatever looks best for you. I personally have done low-carb because this is what my physician recommended due to my health condition.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateful
However, the "eat-everything-I-can-catch" diet isn't really working for me anymore.

If I had to catch my food I'd be on a starvation diet!

good luck with everything
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:26 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Kateful, and welcome! I hope you find something which works for you... but I too think 20 pounds in a week is a bit unrealistic, at least if you are doing things in a healthful way. But glad you are here and glad you jumped in!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote